“My go-to place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ted's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Sunset Beach
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Memphis, Tennessee
“My go-to place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

If you go for breakfast, chances are you'll be back for lunch or dinner. Call ahead so you can just pick up your order and go. Well, after you give in to temptation and add those pastries staring at you while you pay your tab. The croissants are nice and buttery. The garlic shrimp plate surprised me--cheese actually can be good on seafood. But I truly loved that teriyaki chicken sandwich.

Visited June 2014

• Korean first
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Glad I stopped here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

I was vacationing at friends' house in Mililani and decided to drive to the north shore one day. I looked up some eating places online and zeroed in on Ted's because it was described as a local hangout. I really didn't know what to expect and was surprised at how small it was, but boy was it busy. Local surfers, tourists, and even a truckload of local firemen (with surfboards on the fire truck, no less). Service to order was quick but a considerable wait to get my order because it was so busy, but no matter because the food is terrific. I had the mahi maki sandwich, which was really good. I also got a slice of the chocolate-haupia pie and wish I'd gotten the whole pie! If I ever get back to Oahu, I'll definitely get to Ted's again.

• Visited May 2014
Arizona
“Yup. We loved it - but not because of the pie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

Party of 8 - everyone wanted the garlic shrimp plate lunch that came with a slice of the famous chocolate-haupia (coconut) pie.

The sweet counter girl figured out how we could by the shrimp family style with sides and save about $20 on our meal

The shrimp was delicious, lots of garlic, but not bitter, hot or burned tasting. (Garlic lovers know what I mean) We all loved it.

The pie was over-rated. It was good, but nothing to build a legacy around…

Would go back. Fed family of 8 hungry people fro under $100. Don;t le the fact that it looks like a dive deter you.

• Visited June 2014
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

Our family stayed at the condos at Turtle Bay and knew we needed to take a trip out to Ted's. We clocked it at just over 3 miles from the resort. It's a little shack of a place on t he main road - easy to find. There is outdoor seating and a small parking lot. We knew it opened at 7am and since we were still on mountain time, we were up early. We got there at 6:50 am and there was already a group of people waiting outside! It opened about 10 minutes late and by that time there was a line. It's a little confusing when you first walk in. With the pressure of the line, you didn't really have time to review the menu items. So we got in line and just picked quickly. We opted for a frosted cinnamon roll, a glazed cinnamon roll, and a breakfast sandwich. The cinnamon rolls were large enough to be shared. I also grabbed a coffee. All were really good. The breakfast sandwich was really good! They also offer sandwiches, we didn't make it for lunch. But every time we drove by the place there were a ton of people there. The pricing was also really reasonable compared to what we spent at the restaurants at the resort.

Visited May 2014
Columbus, Ohio
“The pie was amazing.......”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

You have to have a slice of any of their cream pies.....my cousin talked me out of buying an entire pie and it was a HUGE mistake.

• Visited May 2014