“Banana Cream Pie was better than the famous Chocolate Haupia Pie”
Review of Ted's Bakery

Ted's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Sunset Beach
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Teds was great but honestly I don't know what all the fuss is about for the Chocolate Haupia Pie. Maybe my expectations were too high because of all the rave reviews. I was expecting something amazing! It was good, I mean I finished it and all but it was not the best pie I've ever had. Everyone in our party liked it but no one loved it. Now, on the other hand...The Banana Cream pie was pretty spectacular! 3 of us snuck off on another day to get more pie and we tried the banana cream and the pineapple upsidedown cake cheesecake pie?? Okay I forget exactly what it was called but it had a layer of cake and a layer of cheesecake and it was pretty good! Banana cream was best, then the pineapple thing, then the Chocolate Haupia pie that they are famous for. Oh, also we got these amazing greasy little doughnut things called french doughnuts. We got a couple of bags of them and brought them back to the house to share and everyone really seemed to like them.

Unfortunately we never made it there for their plate lunches although I heard they are very good and reasonably priced. I would definitely go back!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Ted's Bakery is simply mouth watering awesome when it comes to the sweetness goodies! My husband and I went ahead and actually tried out their burger, which I was not too impressed with, however, their breakfast menu looked tasty that we never got up early enough to try! Maybe next time! I had a sugar bun and my husband had a pecan cinnamon roll, oh my gosh both were delicious! A must try if your visiting the area!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stopped at Ted's several times while we were visiting the North Shore. There are not a lot of places to stop and get quick food in the area, which is kinda nice. We were told that we HAD to try Ted's Haupia pie, which we did. Not bad for a coconut cream pie. Certainly not the best we've ever had (that's in Seattle), but we enjoyed it. We also stopped for lunch one day. Had to wait a VERY long time for our meals. It's like ordering in a deli. You order at the counter, then pick up your food and eat at the tables outside. The service is very slow, which is pretty typical in rural Hawaii. But we were starved, so it seemed an excessive amount of time to wait when it was not crowded. Food was good, nothing special, but tasty. The prices are good for Hawaii. We really loved the North Shore, so we would go to Ted's again, since it is such a part of the local culture.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

My best friend and here husband took us here for lunch. One of the best plate lunches I have had in Hawaii. We had the Locomoco, 2 scoop rice scoop macaroni salad 2 eggs and a huge hamburger patty for 9.60 plus tax. Enough for 2 people, what a cheap eat!! My friend bought a pie can't remember the name (haulaiu maybe) but was coconut cream basically, it was amazing!! The crust was very flakey, (lard I think in it) the filling was amazing!!!! Would I come back? YOU BET!!!!!!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had driven by this place several times and there was usually a line out the door. We decided that since we were heading to the North Shore early one morning that we would stop and grab a bite. The line wasn't quite out the door, so timing was good. They had a great selection of pastries, as well as breakfast sandwiches & plates (they had lunch offerings as well). We got an assortment of pastries, a breakfast sandwich & a Loco Moco. Holy cow!!!! The Moco Loco must have weighed 5#'s, it would have fed 2 people easily!!! Make sure you are really hungry or have a small crowd!! Everything was delicious, we will definitely stop here again!!

Been to Ted's Bakery? Share your experiences!