“Best Chocolate Pie Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ted's Bakery

Ted's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Sunset Beach
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Kaysville, Utah
“Best Chocolate Pie Ever!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was referred to this place by a Delta Airlines agent who used to live in Hawaii. Man was it a great recommendation. He sent us to get the pie, but we ate lunch as well and were not disappointed. I had the garlic shrimp plate lunch -- yum! My wife had the grilled chicken sandwich... sandwich was exceptional and the fries were fresh-cut! We each had a different chocolate cream pie, mine had the haupia (coconut stuff). They were worth the trip to that side of the island all by themselves. This is a true "dive" in the diner's drive ins and dives tradition so don't go expecting fancy table service. But if you want great food and some of the best pie you've ever eaten, you won't be disappointed.

• Korean first
New Jersey
“Loco Moco!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I just happened upon Ted's while driving through Sunset Beach and the North Shore area, as we were looking for a place to eat lunch. This was my first experience of the Loco Moco platter. For the uninitiated, this is two big scoops of steamed white rice, topped with 1 or 2 big hamburger patties, topped with a fried egg, and covered with a dark brown gravy, with a side of macaroni salad. All put into a big styrofoam container. It reminded me of a regular meatloaf dinner, but the uniqueness of the fried egg on top was a treat. The gravy was very salty to my taste, but I seem to have a sensitivity to salty foods. I wouldn't consider Loco Moco one of my favorite Hawaiian foods that I ate while here, but it was worth it to experience a popular local cuisine.

I would have loved to try one of their desserts, but I was already so full, and it was inconvenient to carry them back with us. I hope to come back sometime and try that chocolate haupia pie!

• Visited May 2013
Ashburn, Virginia
“Desserts are worth the effort”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stumbled upon this true hole in the wall yesterday while snorkleling at Sharks Cove on the Northshore of Oahu. What a treat. The accomodations are less than desired but the food is pretty awesome. The brownie, glazed donut and chocalate Haupie pie are to die for literally. The mahi mahi sandwich was excellent. My son's cheeseburger was OK but not stellar. Wife had their chicken special which i thought was very tasty but she was less than impressed. It had too much dark meat. Overall very nice lunch for a stretch of the road that has nothing but ocean, beach and houses. Nice respite.

Houston, Texas
“Best Shrimp”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Must stop for garlic shrimp. Pass the tourist traps and food trucks, stop here. Chocolate coconut cream pie. Wow. It was the best I've had.

Huntington Beach, California
“Must Eat”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

A must do if you're in the Northshore. Teds Bakery is well know for their breakfast, lunch and desserts. Lunch combo is fairly large, good enough for people so come hungry. The parking lot is small and there aren't many tables, but don't let that stop you. Friendly staff, fair prices and the pies