“WAITRESS”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My self, daughter , and granddaughter went there to have a nice meal on Friday evening 2nd Aug as we have done many times before, but the mood and manner of who seemed to be head waitress totally spoilt the evening for us, she banged bottle of wine on table and left it with only the seal broken , plates were more thrown on table as placed, a man at adjacent table had gravy/sauce spilt down his shirt sleeve as she approached him from behind ,she never stopped to apologies, all at that table were very agitated by the service, which was all giving a bad atmosphere, food was nothing special considering the price , I felt vexed for the other two staff who were very efficient and trying their best in the circumstances. on leaving my daughter had the recite thrown on a soaking wet bar. so disappointed, will not be back,

2  Thank JOYCE M

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We visited the restaurant and park with friends and were delighted by the excellent service and food we received. It was a glorious day and we sat in the restaurant with views over the Forth. Following an excellent lunch we visited the park and spoke to the Rangers who were very informative about what was happening in the park. The third element to our visit was the caravan site which is set in the woods but open enough for you not to feel hemmed in by the trees. All pitches were in good condition and gave space around each one. The only drawback maybe difficulty getting a satellite signal for tv.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Visited recently for lunch with my wife and 2 children. Myself and my wife both had fish and chips and the kids had fish fingers. It was obvious that the fish and chips were straight from the freezer and that the peas were straight from a tin. Don't see the point in paying a significant amount of money for something when the chef, apart from taking out of the freezer and putting into the oven, has had literally nothing to do.

3  Thank James D
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Had a meal there last night. The place was busy and the young staff appeared to be struggling to keep up.Whilst I couldn't fault them for effort there didn't seem to be enough of them. The menu was a bit limited and the food, whilst acceptable was just O.K.-nothing special though and one would expect something special in a restaurant in this location,: which is possibly its only real unique selling point. I wont be rushing back any time soon.

1  Thank Derek F
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I also looked up the sample menu on the beecraigs website and as it looked really good value for money I reserved a table for my wife and friends.When we arrived at the restaurant,we asked if we could change tables as the tables which gave a lovely view of the River Forth were empty.The waiter eventually agred and we DID have a good view. Thank goodness,as when we asked for the Lunch Time Menu we were informed that it was only Monday to Saturday (AT NO POINT ON THEIR WEB SITE DOES IT STATETHIS) We were very disappointed as the A LA Carte menu ,if we had had our 3 courses plus coffee would have been around £120-£140. I will pay for good quality food,I enjoy dining out and the cost,if the food is quality is not a problem.Most of the menue seemed to be glorified Pub Grub andour party were not impressed.
I have given the Restaurant the chance t oreply to E-Mails I sent to the restaurant but, guess what? No reply. I most certainly won't visit this establishment again .

2  Thank AndrewRenfrewshire