“Chop and Ale House Seriously always the best T Bone in the World”
Review of Champany Inn

Champany Inn
Ranked #3 of 48 Restaurants in Linlithgow
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have been clients at both the Champany Inn and the Chop & Ale House at Champanny for 12 Years Now. I dont say this lightly "this is the best T Bone Steak you will ever taste!" the rest of the menu is great but a medium rare T Bone served with home made chips side salad and home made coleslaw seriously, No one we take hear is ever dissapointed. You cant book a table in the Chop & Ale and often there is a wait for 45 minutes to an hour. Took my father and mother one evening and waited 1 hour 20 minutes, father was getting very frustrated despite the Gin and Tonics on tap his patience was really straining and he was making comments that he had never waited anywhere for a table for this length of time. I simply said Dad BEST T BONE IN THE WORLD and kept repeating myself. When we sat down and ordered he relaxed you don't waite long for a Medium Rare T Bone! He got his mustard and cut into the steak, he looked up very quickly coughed slightly to get our attention and said to my mum, he's right you know "best T Bone i've ever tasted" well done Trev it was worth the wait! often we don't wait and often it's only 20-30 minutes if we do. Seriously do not be put off by the waite relax kick back chat and then enjoy!

2  Thank Trevor T

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Was invited by my Sales Manager to have Christmas lunch there. What can i say it was beautiful and i will always be thankful that i was asked there. Maybe some day I will visit again to treat byself. Life is too short they say.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

My husband and I enjoy food and wine and Champany Inn delivered the goods on all fronts for us here. It's not cheap but you know that before you go but the food is exquisite, service attentive but not intrusive and atmosphere in the circular dining room is intimate but far from stuffy.

You will not leave hungry! Fantastic portions of divinely cooked steak were delivered to us and wines recommended to suit. The sommelier was fab and didn't point us to the top end of the wine list as with some other similar high end establishments.

Didn't see the rooms but looking at the website, they look to continue the same standard of luxury as the restaurant. Did, however, notice an amazing deal on a room and meal in the restaurant and breakfast for £180 a night for two people so if i can twist my hubby's arm, perhaps we'll be back sooner than I thought. hope so!!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Its the second time we have spend our wedding anniversary here...the lounge area is cold best keep your coat on...the service is impeccable. on the first visit i had fish which was disappointing so this time we both had steak... i had fillet which wasnt on th menu amd hubby had a large t-bone...washed down with pink champagne and johnnie walker blue label (not in the same glass!)...a beautiful evening on both occasions and worth the £200 bill x

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Simply world class, never disappoints. Perfect attention to detail not only in the food & seasonal produce but in the ambience, service & table settings. We should be proud it's in Scotland, a national treasure, rarely these days do you find such establishments. Worth every penny & more, can't wait to return in the new year.