“For Good Steak!!”

Ranked #13 of 50 Restaurants in Linlithgow
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My wife and I finally went to the Chop and Ale House on Wed 27th Feb and were not disappointed. We had a short wait, as expected, before being seated.
For starters the trout mousse was delicious and my wife enjoyed the duck.
For mains, I opted for the rib eye, medium rare with a great big dollop of horseradish. The large lump of meat was well cooked and melted in the mouth. The roast chicken was also selected. Fresh off the spit, a large portion was succulent and the skin crisp. The mains were served with a small side salad and proper chunky chips.
The service was efficient and friendly. The ambiance was relaxed and cosy. We will definetly be returning in the future.

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Surprised by some of the negative reviews on this site - on visiting the Chop & Ale House I was expecting a crazy-priced meal but at £130 for three inc wine/beer and dessert, I was pleasantly surprised. The quality of the steaks are second to none & I have been many steak houses that sides are charged extra, not here! The house Pinotage was a fantastic accompaniment to a great meal. Staff were clearly busy, but coped with it well and were attentive as could be. Sweet menu not a full as could have been (no choc option?!?) and a mixed cheese plate would have been better than Stilton OR cheddar but small things that would make a different. All in all, a great experience, I will be back!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Visited here with my friend and we had a lovely meal. we both ordered burgers, she had the one with the bacon and I had the keep fit, no bun or chips, but extra salad. I also asked for some blue cheese sauce to accompany it. When it arrived we couldn't believe the portions! there were enough chips and blue cheese sauce for both of us to share. the burgers were also cooked to our liking. The staff were very pleasant and polite. The wine was not cheap £5.10 a glass, but very nice. Will return when I go back to visit my friend.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Popped in for scampi and chips and a steak ..2 soft drinks ,,nothing else ..£45.85......It was busy but we were wondering why.....not be back..unless win the lottery

2  Thank Si2013
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Everything spot on. Food quality was bang on ansd sevice good too.

Price of drinks again an issue. But I will be back soon.....