“Could do better” 3 of 5 bubbles

Frankie and Bennys
Ranked #16 of 46 Restaurants in Dumbarton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Could do better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We love coming in here for a breakfast which is lovely and you get free refils for coffee which they bring out a fresh coffee to your table which is fantastic. But every time I have eaten in here for lunch or dinner I leave feeling that it could of been better there is the very minimum put on the plate and there is tinned fruit in the knickerbocker glory which costs best part of a fiver. Service isn't great supposed to get that American diner feel which it doesn't deliver it is expensive to eat in costing £48 for our last dinner out two adults two kids. Only thing I can recommend is the breakfast but for good service and value for money try somewhere else.

Oban, United Kingdom
“Overall very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Went here on a spur of the moment and glad we did we had their 2 course for £10.95 menu and other than the chicken wings being very overdone everything else was lovely their pizzas are devine, staff very helpfull and pleasant ( even though our waitress had only been their 3 weeks) & the music was just right all in all first time their but certainly wont be the last

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Average lunch”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

Fairly average lunch. Decor as expected for Frankie and Benny's, but the food was fairly average. I had pasta, which was nice, but the salad was not fresh, quite a few brown lettuce leafs and soggy tomatoes. Suppose to be expected for the price.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank StewartMckee
Derbyshire
“Quiet, good service, excellent Calzone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

This resturant was very quiet for 930pm on a Friday night so we got very good servcie.
I had bruschetta & the meatball calzone. The calzone was very good.
I also had a glass of the rioja, which was very nice as well.
One of the things I like about Franki & Bennys is the free wifi as I often eat here when on business travel.

Visited September 2012
Dumbarton, United Kingdom
“Best option...never go back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

On the 11th of sept, my son, five years old, and I after a dip on the local swiming pool he decided to go to Frankie & Benny's for dinner. The restaurant wasn't busy, yet no one to received us at the entrance, the staff appear very uninterested, and despite a nice dicoration of the restaurant, which it gives the impresion that the meal will be satisfactory, this was far from it. My meal was a rump steak and house friers and american mustard i order my steak medium, and I received a very rare steak, but I didn't want to make a fuss and I decided to try it anyway, in the menu claim that the meat is aged for 28 days, well my steak was really tough that I couldn't continue eating, not to mention the really poor presentation, it looks like it was throwed into the plate with some really unappealling chips. My son' s burger didn't look much different that my grinding steak, with what it seems to be standard, a really poor presentation. The waitress failed to understand how bad was the whole experience, and despite she did ask me if I wanted the steak to take back to the kitchen, to finished cooked, it was to late to save what it was really bad experience. After going to the entrance counter, and wait again to ask for the bill as I wanted out of there as quick as possible, I was charged for every single item individually, even when my son's meal came from the kids menu whick included the drink and the dessert which we were not offer. I noted this when I was in my car, leaving me with a terrible feeling mainly with myself, because despite this I tiped with a 10% . Some of the prices in the menu look quite reasonable, but when you see what you get in your plate, them I realized how dear is to eat at Frankie & Benny's. The whole ordeal leave me with a really bad taste of I can only describe as a dreadful meal along with a dreadful service.
RO