“Lunch”

The Glencairn Lounge
Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Dumbarton
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A family run business based in the historical town of Dumbarton providing a variety of main meals, snacks and beverages and a variety of daily specials with prices to suit everyone.
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Had a lovely meal at lunch time ,only a small place may have to wait for a table but well worth the wait staff friendly and food delicious and very hot will go again .

1  Thank sthelensbetty
There are newer reviews for The Glencairn Lounge

Reviewed September 10, 2013

The Food - Great lunches, only thing is the place is small and you will smell like a kitchen after eating. I always get a starter and regret it instantly the portion sizes are massive! So half my main usually gets wasted. The menue has a large choice of starters mains and specials.

The Staff - The staff are very attentive, well mannered

Atmosphere - The small warm homely feel that comes with dining here is second to none, its like sitting in your grannies house, it is always busy so for larger parties would be best phoning ahead.

3  Thank Lauren M
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Have eaten in The Glencairn a few times recently & have to say it is the best in the dumbarton area.Great wee family run pub,brilliant atmosphere,lovely friendly staff & the food is absolutely fantastic.The only complaint I have is I have never been able to clear my plate & that,s even without taking a starter,lol,I hate leaving food on the plate incase the chef thinks there,s something wrong with it but it,s only coz the helping,s are huge. Would definately recommend this wee pub to any visitors to the Dumbarton area.I would recommend macaroni cheese or mushroom stroganoff,others I was with recommended goujons,enchiladas & steak pie.Keep up the good work & service.Happy dining everyone.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We visited on a Tuesday. There was a lineup for tables. Service and food were good, atmosphere of a local pub.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We ate here on Thursday 1st August.
We walked in and asked if there was a table free. We where told the kitchen had just closed, I said that was a real shame as we'd read reviews (on Tripadvisor) saying it was the best place to eat in Dumbarton. We where shown to a table.
What a lovely pub, right next to the river and easy to park nearby. The whole pub had a lovely friendly buzz about it full of locals, families and groups of friends eating and drinking.
I ordered duck from the specials menu, my husband had a burger. Both meals came in a very reasonable amout of time. The food was fresh and tasty. The service was unintrusive and very polite.
I cant wait for our next trip out that way as a second visit is a must.