“Works for a short stop” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dumbarton
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Works for a short stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

We stayed here for one night on route to Ullapool and as a brand, it does what it says on the tin. I had booked and pre paid online assuming that as I had booked as a family of 4, we would get rooms together, ideally interconnecting. When we checked in, I found out that the online booking system is not that intelligent and I probably should have called to arrange rooms together. This sort of defeats the point of online booking though! Paul on reception tried very hard to locate us together, but the place was fully booked so we ended up with room 12 and room 204, on separate floors. Not ideal, but ok for 1 night.
Paul, again, was extremely helpful in allowing us to store our picnic items in the fridge and refreeze our cooler ice blocks. This helped a lot and saved us throwing it all away, thank you!
I agree with other comments that location is not very pretty, but if you are here for a pitstop, it's fine. Rooms, clean and fresh. Food at the nearby Brewers Fayre also good with a lot of variety.
Overall, this worked for what we needed and for a family of four was reasonably priced and our booking was inclusive of breakfast, so we got a hearty start in the morning too.

Location
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Yvonne S, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear Punam71

Thank you for your review of Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I am very pleased to see that Paul was extremely helpful during your stay and that you found your room to our usual very high standard and I will happily pass this onto our housekeeping team. I will also happily pass on your comments to the team in the Brewer’s Fayre and that your day got off to a good start with a good hearty breakfast.

I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future and I look forward to doing so.

Yvonne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

We booked this hotel as it was the closet to Loch Lommond without paying over the odds.
We got what we paid for a Premier Inn cheap and cheerful.

But it's located on a half finished industrial area with a backdrop of the A85 and a load of council flats that are straight out of Trainspotting! Very ugly along with the rubbish on the floor outside the main reception, which wasnt cleared throughout our 16 hour stay.

The room was fine but the beds were quite poor. Our double bed had no support and was as soft as a bean bag, I woke every hour due to back pain and when my youngest turned over in her put up bed as it creaked and the springs twanged loudly.

Suffice to say I didn't get a guaranteed good nights sleep so got a full refund. The receptionist was very nice and appreciated the feedback as she stated the firm like this as it helps them get better.

It's ok as a stop gap,as there is a Costa coffee across the car park and a Brewer's Fayre next door. But it should have been built the other end of the site or a mile further down the road.

Room Tip: Either overlook a car park or very ugly council block of flats, you choose. We chose the car park!
1 Thank MrsDisney2013
Yvonne S, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Dear MALDIVES69

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback after your recent stay with us and I was sorry to hear that our beds were not up to our usual high standard and I will pass this onto our marketing department. We are always more than happy to refund under our Good Night Guarantee if things are not up to expectations and so that we can improve things for our future guests.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

We stayed here because my daughter was going out on a Hen do with some family from Dumbarton as we wouldn't usually stay this far from Glasgow. It was further out from Glasgow than I thought but it didn't take us long to get back into the centre of town as we fancied a curry in Glasgow. Rooms where of a very high standard as you would expect and we had a great nights sleep. There was a Brewers fayre just beside for breakfast but the kids preferred the drive through costa coffee place just across from the Hotel which was a bit of a novelty (the drive through bit). We where heading to Cairnryan so the location was pretty handy as once we crossed the Erskine bridge we where on our way. No complaints at all.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Terrycharleton
Yvonne S, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Terrycharleton

Thank you for your lovely review of Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I am thrilled that you found us to be to our usual very high standard and a great location, not too far from Glasgow as you discovered (I hope your daughter had fun at the Hen do) and handy for the Erskine Bridge.

I will be happily passing on your comments to the rest of the team who will be thrilled that they made your stay so fantastic and I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Nottingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

Very nice and clean hotel, excellent staff and a Brewers Fair and Costa right next door.
The rooms are very clean comfortable and all local attractions are only a few minutes away by car.
The lady on reception was very friendly and very helpful.

Room Tip: The all seem to have the same layout. one side overlooks the car park which is slightly better than...
      Sleep Quality
Dear Thaiknee

Thank you for taking the time to review Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I am delighted that you had such a fantastic stay with us recently and I will happily pass on your comments to all of our team members who will be ecstatic that they helped make your stay memorable and I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

leicestershire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

We stayed here for 1 night in early August. As with all Premier Inns you no what your getting, it was clean, quite and we had a decent breakfast the next morning, but I do think the breakfast are over priced. Ok place to stay over night, but not for longer stays.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Rooms
Dear tech201154

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. Your feedback is very important to us and I am pleased that overall your stay met with your expectations of us. I will happily pass on your comments to the rest of the team and hope that you will return to stay with us in the near future.

Cork
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife and 3 kids visiting friends. The location isn't pretty but there's fabulous scenery very close-by. We were in interconnecting rooms which were spotlessly cleaned and well maintained. We were guaranteed a good night's sleep and we had exactly that in very comfortable beds and no disturbance. There's a good breakfast next door which was very reasonably priced. I liked the food at dinner, it's good value too but the service was very slow. Not good when you have 3 little ones! If you're on a budget though this hotel is really good value.

Stayed August 2014
Kerri G, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Dochogan,

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us at Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. Your feedback is very important to us and we are pleased that overall your stay met your expectations and you were comfortable. Thanks for your comments regarding the service you received during dinner. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the restaurant and I do apologise for the slow service you experienced. We are committed to providing our guests with a high level of service and I am sure that the team will be ecstatic to hear your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kerri
Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

A warm welcome from great staff. Rooms are clean and have the tea coffee facility. Great location in the beautiful Loch Lomond. Ignore the brewers nest door, as they will ignore you. Go to Helensburgh and visit the wetherspoons.

Room Tip: The Hotel has great rooms. Just ignore the Brewers Fayre next door as they ignored me when waiting a...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
Dear Crazykeith2,

Thanks for your review regarding Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and our hotel, great location and our great team here met your expectations. At Premier Inn we continuously strive to deliver a high level of service and it's great you feel this was achieved. However, I do apologise for your bad experience in the restaurant and I will make sure your comments are passed on to ensure that situations like this do not re-occur. Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kerri
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumbarton
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
The Dumbuck House Hotel
The Dumbuck House Hotel
#4 of 4 in Dumbarton
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel? Share your experiences!