“just brilliant”

Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dumbarton
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed here on the last night of our 5 day touring holiday in Scotland. Travelled from Inverness on 11th March which included road closure and a diversion meaning we arrived early evening but reception staff member was exceptionally welcoming and friendly.Very glad of a lift to the 2nd floor after Travelodge stays meant stairs only. Room was fantastic, clean, comfy, warm. Bed is wonderful and choice of pillows is a great touch.
Amazing breakfast next morning in Brewer's Fayre with more friendly and welcoming staff members. Cannot praise this stay highly enough

Room Tip: book early
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Zoe J, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear Katetiv,

Thank you for taking the time to review us at Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. We value our guest’s feedback and I am thrilled that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us. The team will be delighted to hear that you were extremely happy with your room and I am pleased that the extra choice of pillows we provide came in handy for you. The restaurant team will also be delighted that you enjoyed your breakfast and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Kind regards
Zoë Jamieson

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed here while attending a wedding in Loch Lomond.
It was only 10 minute taxi ride from the venue.
I booked and pre paid in advance, this made check in and check out very quick and efficient.
The room was very comfortable and the staff very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank susan325

Dear Susan325,

Thank you for your recent review of our Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location perfect for your needs. The team will be thrilled that they were able to provide you with a friendly and efficient service and I hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Kind regards
Zoë Jamieson

Reviewed March 5, 2014

This looks to be a very new build (Dec 2013 visit)
Does what Premier Inn does at a good price. Easy to find with plenty of parking.
Front of hotel looks over the main road, the back faces local housing.
Can't fault the place at the price.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Kerri G, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear StephenBailey,

Thank you for your review of Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and found our location easy to find. I am also pleased that you found everything to be exactly what Premier Inn promises – a Great Nights Sleep in a clean, comfortable room.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

A warm welcome at reception and then through to a nicely decorated bedroom with one of the most comfortable beds I have ever experienced away from home. On top of that we had a choice of pillows, soft of firm. Ideal for us as one likes soft, the other likes firm, and so one of us is always dissatisfied. Smart bathroom, plenty of towels, great shower in the bath. All in all excellent value for money.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear QuietSue,

Thank you for your review of Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I am extremely pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our housekeeping team will be thrilled to hear that you found your room very clean and that you managed to put our pillow range to good use. All of our team will also be delighted that you enjoyed your whole experience here. At Premier Inn we strive to train our team to a high standard and we are thrilled that you experienced this.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Just back from a 3 night stay with hubby and 2 kids ( 5, 21mnths) room was very clean and beds were really comfy even the extra fold away bed had a proper decent mattress on it, it would easily accommodate a teenager. We were a given a ground floor room which was perfect for us, it faced the main road, didn't really here any traffic noise. The power of the bath/shower was the best i have ever had in a hotel, the kids bath was full enough in 30 seconds and the shower was excellent. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The only very slight complaint I would have is that once boiled the handle of the kettle was quite hot. Only ate once next door, apart from the normal menu's they have all you can eat different specials on from Mon-Fri so we had the Thurs curry night which was very tasty, very friendly staff here also. So apart from the weather we had a great time. Will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Kerri G, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Bacardi75,

I am delight that you had a wonderful stay with us at Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn and that team members were of great assistance to you throughout your stay. I am looking forward to sharing your review with them, I am sure they will be over the moon. I am also glad that you found your room and amenities to a great standard as well.

The restaurant team will also be delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience. The different buffets that are offered are great value and I am glad you enjoyed them as well as the main menu.

I am thrilled that you will stay with Premier Inn again and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 days in Jan 2014 and our stay was very good. Nice clean hotel, nice friendly staff. The room was very clean and just what to expect from a premier Inn which is why we mostly choose to stay in these hotels. We had a couple of meals from the restaurant next door but didn't think the cooking was up to other standards of other brewers fayres that we have tried. It was ok but wouldn't choose to eat there again. Found the food mostly over cooked and just not very nice really. But will stay here again as the hotel was nice and is a good base for Glasgow and Loch lommond.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Sarah M,

Thank you for taking the time to review Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn, we value our guest’s feedback and really appreciate the time you have taken to review us.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Premier Inn. Our team will be thrilled that you found your room nice and clean and that the staff were welcoming, I look forward to sharing this with them.

In regards to your restaurant experience I will pass along your review to them and I do apologise that you found the meals slightly overcooked. They will be disappointed that they were unable to provide you with the high standard they normally strive to achieve.

I hope this experience with Premier Inn and Brewers Fayre has not put you off coming back and we do hope to welcome you back in the near future. Hopefully we will be able to provide you with the 10 out of 10 service we normally aspire to achieve.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Got the usual premier inn. Clean room good night's sleep. But why did all towels smell of smoke. I actually fought the smell was coming from extractor fan till I realised it was towels. Even the spare ones stunk. It wasn't cigarette smoke it was actual smokey smell. I was going to mention when I left in morning but there was no one on reception. Wasn't happy with the check in not the most sociable receptionist felt rushed through check in

• Stayed: February 2014
Kerri G, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear Markg1304,

I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us at Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn.

Let me first apologise for your bad check-in experience. Our team members aim to provide you with a pleasant experience from the moment you arrive until the moment you leave, and will be disappointed to hear that they did not achieve it this time.

Also, I would like to apologise for your problems with the towels, not only on one occasion, but two. We always want to ensure you have a good stay and that every element of your stay is high in standards, so I am disappointed to hear that your towels did not achieve this. I will discuss your comments with Head Housekeeper to ensure that this problem never re-occurs.

At Premier Inn we strive to provide a ten out of ten service and I do apologise that on this occasion we were unable to provide this for you.

Kerri Glover

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumbarton
The Abbotsford Hotel
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel
Knockderry House Hotel
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa

Been to Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel? Share your experiences!