“Really liked this one”

Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dumbarton
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Usually stay in travelodge when away but it was booked so opted for this new premier Inn. It was very nice and obviously new. I would certainly go back. Had a great sleep....wasn't bothered by the traffic. The Brewers Fayre next door was good value for our evening meal.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 902SamC
Zoe J, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Dear 902SamC,

I am delighted that you really enjoyed your stay at our Premier Inn. We are still a relatively new hotel and I am delighted that you found everything nice and still new after being opened for almost 3 years now.

I am thrilled that you would stay with us again and that the traffic noise did not disrupt your stay in any way.

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we really appreciate it and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed in this hotel from 4-7 October and because I checked in at 8.30 p.m. was allocated the last remaining room. Unfortunately there had been some sort of damp problem/water leakage and therefore the room and bathroom smelled VERY strongly of mould. This smell impregnated all of my clothes during my stay and was generally very unpleasant. I could not change rooms during the course of the weekend when other guests checked out as I had a packed schedule (I am a Scottish expatriate visiting from abroad) and was only going to be in the hotel at night to sleep .Thankfully, the lovely blonde lady on reception when I checked out acknowledged the problem immediately and said it was due to be fixed. She apologised and proceeded to reimburse the entire costs of my weekend stay. I was delighted. That more than made up for having to wash all my belongings and even wipe down all my toileteries when I got home (as the odour was so offensive). The customer service in Premier Inn is SECOND TO NONE. I should stress that I have NEVER had a problem during my regular stays at Premier Inns (including this particular hotel) and the first time I encountered one (which was specific to that particular room) I was treated with the utmost of courtesy and respect. That is what makes Premier Inn stand out from other hotels. This issue was a one off. I must stress that this was a technical problem which required a professional to repair. It had nothing to do with the cleanliness of the room, as such. I can recommend Premier Inn wholeheartedly to anyone looking for a clean, modern value-for-money hotel with VERY courteous and professional staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Liz19682013

Dear Liz19682013,

Thank you for taking the time to review Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn, we really value and appreciate the time you have taken to review us.

I am please to read that despite the problem you experienced with your room you would still recommend staying with us. This means a lot to us and I am thrilled that this has not put you off staying with us again. I do apologise that this happened to you and we have since rectified this problem. I am delighted my team were able to help you and resolve the problem in the best and most appropriate way for you. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed here as part of our September Weekend Break in Loch Lomond. Very comfortable stay, nice room, very helpful receptionist & also secure & (thank goodness !) nice & quiet room.We decided to try evening dinner in the adjacent Brewer's Fayre. I can honestly say, the food was truly awful. Don't get me wrong, the service staff were very nice & efficient, but it was the quality of the food that really annoyed me. What also annoyed me, was that the chefs would
put out food of such poor quality. It was as if they just couldn't care less. We decided (my wife normally complains if she is unhappy) to complain with our feet & left. We did complain to the receptionist next morning & she did appear embarrassed. Please don't let this put you off staying at this Premier Inn it is lovely but just avoid the food - chefs PLEASE take note !!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Zoe J, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear EdDuar,

I am please to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Premier Inn and I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your experience in the Malt & Myre Brewers Fayre.

Please accept my apologies in regards to the experience you had in the restaurant. I will bring your review to the attention of their Manager and hopefully the lack of care the chefs took on that evening will not occur again.

At Premier Inn we strive to provide a ten out of ten service and I am delighted our team at the Premier Inn were able to do this for you and I deeply regret you did not experience this at our adjacent restaurant.

Thank you for taking the time to review Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn, we value our guest’s feedback and really appreciate the time you have taken to review us.

I am glad that your recent stay has not put you off and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I love Premier Inns as we visit a good 10 times a year, our holiday to Scotland consists of 5 nights in different premier inn hotels. Good food, friendly staff, onsite coata coffee. The bed was not very comfortable so didnt sleep that well which is very unlike a Premier Inn. Also the noise from the dual carriageway outside was not blocked by the double glazing. Check your Sat Nav as we ended up half a mile outside somebody's house. Only giving 3 stars due to bed, road noise and the fact the other hotels where I paid £29 per night were perfect, I didn't get the autumn sale price for this hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Zoe J, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear bensaund,

I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us at Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn.

Due to our fabulous location, situated at the gateway to the Highlands, we can experience some traffic noise and am I disappointed that this disrupted your night’s sleep. I am also saddened to hear that you did not get a comfortable nights sleep due to finding our mattress uncomfortable and I do apologise about this.

In regards to our postcode not working, unfortunately as we are a new hotel our postcode does not always appear on Sat Nav’s. Please accept my sincere apologises for the inconvenience this caused.

At Premier Inn we strive to provide a ten out of ten service and I do apologise that on this occasion we were unable to provide this for you. I would love to discuss your night’s stay further therefore I would be grateful if you could contact our hotel directly.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Chosen as it was two-thirds of our 12 hour journey from the south of England to the West Coast of Scotland. Easy to find, lots of parking and a warm welcome on our arrival. The room was a good size, modern and clean with tea-making facilities, television and good towels. I had booked online some 3 weeks before our trip we were only charged £29 - a fantastic bargain for a very comfortable night.

All in all it was a great success which is more than can be said for the Brewer's Fayre restaurant next door - basically a disaster! Premier Inns always have a restaurant or pub adjacent to their hotels and from my own experience, they are convenient and normally good value. Not in this case. We had planned to have the carvery but once we saw the choice of 2 dried out joints under heating lamps and the very "tired" vegetables on offer,which had obviously been around for several hours, we changed our mind and went for the menu. Another disaster - out of 8 main dishes, 4 were unavailable, due we were told, to the fact that the menu was to be changed the following week. I'm afraid this is really not acceptable for a large national company - Whitebreads plc - to provide this level of service!

Thank you Premier Inn - try harder Brewer's Fayre.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Zoe J, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear justSKling,

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Premier Inn and I am disappointed that you did not have as good an experience with the Malt & Myre restaurant. Our team will be thrilled that you found their welcoming warm and I look forward to sharing this with them. I am also delighted you found us good value and were able to secure an excellent value £29 room.

In regards to your restaurant experience I will pass along your review to them and I do apologise that the new menu launch disrupted your meals with us. They will be disappointed that they were unable to provide you with the high standard they normally strive to achieve.

I hope this experience with Premier Inn and Brewers Fayre has not put you off coming back and we do hope to welcome you back in the near future. Hopefully we will be able to provide you with the 10 out of 10 service we normally aspire to achieve.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We loved it at the Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. The staff were all excellent and really friendly and helpful with local enquiries. There is a dual carriageway right beside the hotel, and although you could hear it at night, it was not at all loud and hardly noticeable. There is a large car park, and even when the next-door Brewer's Fayre restaurant was really busy there was still plenty of parking. There is also a Costa Coffee across the car park too. The staff in the Brewer's Fayre were friendly and helpful with nothing too much trouble, and their breakfasts very good value. I'd recommend staying here to anyone, it is really close by to Loch Lomond, and a great location for visiting Glasgow or the Loch Fyne/Loch Awe areas, or Stirling. Will certainly be returning!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the car park are the best as you can see the high hills beside Loch Lomond in the dista...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Zoe J, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Lady_Badger68,

I am thrilled that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us and found our team very friendly and helpful with all of your enquiries. I am pleased that our fabulous location on the gateway to Loch Lomond was not too noisy for you as we are situated next to the A82. Our restaurant team will be overjoyed to read that you enjoyed your meals with them and also found them helpful.

I look forward to welcoming you back when your return in the future.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Excellent Hotel within minutes of Loch Lomond. Friendly staff and service second to none. I would certainly stay here again when in this area. Having a restaurant on the doorstep was a bonus.
Room was lovely and clean

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hazel M
Zoe J, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Hazel M,

I am thrilled that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us and found us to be in an excellent location for your visit and that you found our team very friendly and helpful. Our team strive to provide our guests with a ten out of ten service and I am delighted that on this occasion we were able to provide this for you. The whole team will be overjoyed when I share your review with them.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Zoë Jamieson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumbarton
2 mi away
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel? Share your experiences!