“Great stopover”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dumbarton
Reading, United Kingdom
“Great stopover”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed here just for one night before carrying on up to the north of Scotland. Ideal location for travelling further north and would certainly stop over when carrying out similar journey again, Facilities as you would expect - in very good condition.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Zoe J, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear LindaHosie,

Thank you for your recent review of Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I am thrilled that you had a pleasant stay with us. I am also pleased that you found our location to be perfect for you. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Zoë Jamieson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Lochgilphead, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed here while attending a training course in Dumbarton. Ideal location, room clean, food ok, staff very helpful and friendly. No noise at all when I was staying so good nights sleep. Even saw 3 of the cast of 'River City' in the bar, - they film it nearby. Would recommend it as a stop over when returning from Glasgow Airport before heading back to Argyll. Met friends there who were doing just that.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sarah,

I was delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am extremely please that you heard no noise throughout your stay and that you where also lucky enough to spot three of our regular stars. Our team will be thrilled to read your review as they strive very hard to reach our guests expectations. Thank you for taking the time to review of Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Great spot close to Glasgow and the Erskine Bridge, ideal spot for stopping off for a night on way to or back from the highlands.

New outlet with Costa Coffee and usual Whitbread pub on site for breakfasts, very clean and staff very helpful, good access and parking and disabled access.

Usual basic Premier room but for £29 for a family of three an ideal one night stopover room, minor issues, limited free wifi and single sheet loo paper. Good bed and great shower - fantastic value if you can get it for £29 as we did.

Breakfast more than adequate, surprisingly good for price, minor moans poor quality bread used but a very good range otherwise including organics.

Have heard reports onsite that some rooms noisy and this backed up by reports on here - we stayed in room 3 close to reception and no noise issues whatsoever.

We will definitely stay here on our way to the islands again.

Room Tip: Don't choose one close to the road
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Zoe J, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Thedragon22,

Thank you for your recent review of Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I was thrilled to read your glowing review. I was please to hear that you found our location to be perfect for your visit. Our restaurant team will be overjoyed to hear that you enjoyed your food and that you found the team to be very friendly and helpful.

I am also please that you managed to book early enough to get one of our fabulous £29 rooms and that you found it phenomenal value due to it being for a family of three. Due to our location you can sometime experience some traffic noise but I am elated that you never experienced this throughout your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Barnsley, England
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Premier Inns have standardisation nailed. You know exactly what you are going to get and it's great for the price.

Clean, pleasant, efficient, comfortable, modern. Perfect for the night. Food is at the pub next door.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear John F,

Thank you for your recent review of Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us. We strive to achieve our high standard at every Premier Inn and I am thrilled that you received the consistent experience that you expected.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Letterkenny, Ireland
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Clean & tidy well looked after rooms ok if you are staying with a car a bit far out from town if your walking. Good breakfast in the connecting restaurant and has helpful well trained staff .
Also has ample car parking.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Andrew M,

Thank you for your review of Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I am extremely please that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our housekeeping team will be thrilled to hear that you found your room very clean and our restaurant team will be delighted that you enjoyed your breakfast. At Premier Inn we strive to train our team to a high standard and we are thrilled that you experienced this.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Zoë
Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in Feb 2013. It's a great hotel, clean and comfortable just what I come to expect from a Premier Inn, however I did have a couple of issues. It is in an area on a main road that is still being redeveloped and getting to the car park wasn't obvious, but we sussed it out in the end. The receptionist was very friendly and made us feel welcome and we went to our rooms.We dropped of our luggage and went straight to the pub attached to eat. On my return to my room later in the evening, I noticed that the noise from the road was very loud so thinking the window was open went to close it, but it wasn't open. The windows are locked, the problem was a big gap where, the double glazed window was'.t completely sealed like it should have been. Needless to say I had a very disturbed night with all the lorry's driving past all night. I reported the problem in the morning but I don't think the receptionist fully appreciated just how loud the noise was. I probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2013

very clean, all staff are very pleasant and helpful. housekeeping staff are nice and quiet in the morning which is great especially if your late in at night and want a lie -in.
two wee small niggles are that they didnt tell us the fire alarm was going to be tested on the monday at 12ish and i nearly had a heart attack mid-shower and that my boyfriend left his keys so he phoned and they said they had them and would post them out. never received them so enquired when we came back again and they were nowhere to be seen.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Zoe J, Manager at Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear alibubbles,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Premier Inn. I am extremely please to hear that you had a clean and comfortable stay. Our team work exceptionally hard to ensure this and I am thrilled we were able to deliver this for you. I look forward to sharing your review with our housekeeping team, as they will be overjoyed to read it.

Zoe Jamieson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dumbarton
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
#3 of 6 in Arrochar
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Knockderry House Hotel
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel? Share your experiences!