“Abbotsford”

The Abbotsford Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 46 Restaurants in Dumbarton
Cuisines: Bar, European, British, Scottish
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Abbotsford”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

Been going regularly for years with family for celebratory and get together meals and over the last couple of years it's been date night for wife and I. Never had a bad meal or reason to complain. Staff are fantastic, service great, menu is very substantial and excellent food, also very reasonably priced. Hope to have many more visits in future.

• Visited January 2014

Dumbarton
“Back to it's best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

Last time I reviewed this restaurant I was disappointed at the quantity of the food served and that what used to be a very good place for a good meal in nice surroundings had started to deteriorate i.e cut backs and I let my feelings be known. I thought I would not return but I had heard through friends that the standards had started to pick up to their past standards and decided to give another chance. I was delighted at the standard of food,the quality of service and food,great additions to a dated menu giving really good choices of meals and for me decent portions. Good to see The Abbotsford back to previous standards THANKS!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Michaelm14Dumbarton
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“First visit for lunch in a very long time with plenty of choice:”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

First visit for lunch to a former local hotel in many years after hearing good things and adverts.
Was not disappointed in food, service or price and lots to choose from which is always a good thing !
I am sure will return when in the area again.

Dumbarton, United Kingdom
“food cold service terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

Although the portions were of a good size it took an extremely long time for our order to be brought out. When the starter came I have to say it did look lovely however it was stone cold and staff were rude when I sent it back to the kitchen. As for the main course it was meant to be spicy however it was very bland and again it was cold. My friends food was also cold however she ate it because she was hungry. We will not be going back overall a lousy place to eat. Cold, flavourless food and very rude staff. Therefore it was very poor value for money and to be honest I grudged them paying the bill.

• Visited November 2013
Dumbarton
“Waistline Wonders”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

My Wife & I visit the Abbotsford on a fairly regular basis over the year but we always look forward to our meal over the Holiday season as we are there with our Friends & Colleagues. This year we were there on two different occasions & both time the restaurant was busy. The first time we had decided to have our Christmas Lunch & due to an unfortunate accident on the main road close to the hotel were late getting in, James & his staff took this in their stride & the meal was served & so enjoyed by everyone present we did not leave the restaurant for nearly three hours. Thank You to James & the Staff for a Wonderful meal. Mind my Waistline needed a little a little tlc afterward.

• Visited December 2013