West Park Hotel
  • Pool
$899
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Glasgow Braehead(Renfrew)(Great Value!)
$46
$152
$127
HolidayInn.com
  • Room Service
All reviewsjack daniels burgervisiting familyshort staycouldn't faultwould stay againgreat value for moneyglasgowstopoverwee
Reviewed February 20, 2011

I travelled to Glasgow early sat morning for a last minute work commitment and I didnt really have time to arrange accommodation, I am not familiar with Glasgow at all, I have shopped there once before and managed to get myself lost so I was relying on the taxi driver to recomend a nice affordable hotel, he brought me straight to the West Park Hotel said "he has stayed there before and it was a good hotel". I didnt know what to expect.

I was greated by a well presented smiling receptionist, I was offered a room for the single rate of £27.50 and asked if i would like breakfast the continental was £4.50 which was fine for me as I was checking out early the next morning, there was a 21st birthday party held in the function room not far from my room, I was notified of the party and of the time it would end, i found the receptionist very informative.

The room and bathroom was very clean and it had everything I required for my stay. I felt very comfortable.

I had a quick dinner as I really just wanted to go to bed, while I was in the restaurant I was again greated with friendly staff, I had a plain cheese pizza which had fresh sliced tomatoes which I loved.

Breakfast in the morning was very much the same as dinner the night before, nice coffee is always a must at 9am on any morning but even more so on a sunday morning when you have a full day of work ahead.

I would stay here again and I recomend this hotel to other travelers and to people that need to put their head down after a long day at work.

Lynsey Gilfillan

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2011

I stayed on this hotel on business recently. The rooms are basic and quite small but adequate. I have stayed in precious occasions (the accommodation is booked by the company I am visiting, so I have no say in the matter) and it seems to have gradually gone down hill in the last couple of years. The rooms can be noisy at tomes with loud music from the various function rooms and the bust road on which it is situated. A very officious (and, possibly, intimidating) waitress served our evening meal. However, the meal itself was good and the other dining room staff were brilliant.. The area where the biggest difference was noticed was the breakfast. It has always been a continental breakfast, but that originally included, cheese, ham, boiled eggs etc. but now all of those have disappeared and it is a very basic cereal (or yoghurt) with toast (which you have to toast yourself) and tea or coffee in vacuum flasks on the buffet table, Breakfast is completely serf-service with no staff available.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank SJ7668
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Rooms were basic, outside chalets very poor, our friends asked to be moved inside. No cooked breakfast available although other meals we bought were very good. Noisy due to single glazed windows. It snowed heavily while we were there but no attempt was made to clear or grit the drive ways, our taxi on the day of departure could not get to the front door. We had to walk with my 80yr old Mum in a wheelchair down a steep very slippery drive way with suitcases etc. All the staff we met were helpful and friendly esp Maria and the tall barman who worked our function like a pro and kept us all in drinks (Gavin? ) Managers take note , check the cleaning, my shower was dirty by the door, put on a cooked breakfast, clear driveways when it snows, refurbish your windows, put more hangers in the wardrobes- we got 4 for 2 adults staying 3 nights. You have lovely staff who must be embarrased dealing with residents complaints. Get it right!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2010

We stayed in this hotel because we held my father-in-laws funeral breakfast here. Overall our stay was fine the only real niggle we had was that we could not have a tab charged to our room and as we were travelling with extended family and we wanted to pay for everything it was a pain having to keep settling up after each meal or bar visit. The staff were very friendly and helpful and let us stay in the restarant area well after it had closed to allow us to have drinks all together - the bar is for over 21's only. Breakfast is quite poor, I think they would do well to offer a full breakfast. We ate here several times, thought the food was good and fairly priced.
As for the funeral breakfast we thought it was well priced, very good selection of sandwiches and cakes, staff were very attentive, would thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2010

Never use this place for after a funeral, they mixed up a dinner that was organised for my family and close family friends, it was upsetting and embarrasing. My gran lived for 96 years and one of her wishes was that she wanted a family meal afterwards, we got greasy sausage rolls and hard sandwiches and pink cup cakes! it was a disgrace, they ruined our fairwell dinner to my mum's mother, our gran and a great gran. Avoid this place, it should be closed down.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
7  Thank Jan0666
sjayl, Manager at West Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2010

I disagree with the above, as the menu given to the family was selected by themselves prior to the booking.

Our handmade cakes are requested on a day to day basis and they are one of the items on the funeral menu that the guests praise us on.

The hotel is well versed in funeral teas and i personally pride myself on the service and quality of the food we produce.