“Basic but acceptable - just”
Review of West Park Hotel

West Park Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Clydebank
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Basic but acceptable - just”
Reviewed January 17, 2011

I stayed on this hotel on business recently. The rooms are basic and quite small but adequate. I have stayed in precious occasions (the accommodation is booked by the company I am visiting, so I have no say in the matter) and it seems to have gradually gone down hill in the last couple of years. The rooms can be noisy at tomes with loud music from the various function rooms and the bust road on which it is situated. A very officious (and, possibly, intimidating) waitress served our evening meal. However, the meal itself was good and the other dining room staff were brilliant.. The area where the biggest difference was noticed was the breakfast. It has always been a continental breakfast, but that originally included, cheese, ham, boiled eggs etc. but now all of those have disappeared and it is a very basic cereal (or yoghurt) with toast (which you have to toast yourself) and tea or coffee in vacuum flasks on the buffet table, Breakfast is completely serf-service with no staff available.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank SJ7668

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Isle of Man
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Rooms were basic, outside chalets very poor, our friends asked to be moved inside. No cooked breakfast available although other meals we bought were very good. Noisy due to single glazed windows. It snowed heavily while we were there but no attempt was made to clear or grit the drive ways, our taxi on the day of departure could not get to the front door. We had to walk with my 80yr old Mum in a wheelchair down a steep very slippery drive way with suitcases etc. All the staff we met were helpful and friendly esp Maria and the tall barman who worked our function like a pro and kept us all in drinks (Gavin? ) Managers take note , check the cleaning, my shower was dirty by the door, put on a cooked breakfast, clear driveways when it snows, refurbish your windows, put more hangers in the wardrobes- we got 4 for 2 adults staying 3 nights. You have lovely staff who must be embarrased dealing with residents complaints. Get it right!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Clydebank hotels

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2010

We stayed in this hotel because we held my father-in-laws funeral breakfast here. Overall our stay was fine the only real niggle we had was that we could not have a tab charged to our room and as we were travelling with extended family and we wanted to pay for everything it was a pain having to keep settling up after each meal or bar visit. The staff were very friendly and helpful and let us stay in the restarant area well after it had closed to allow us to have drinks all together - the bar is for over 21's only. Breakfast is quite poor, I think they would do well to offer a full breakfast. We ate here several times, thought the food was good and fairly priced.
As for the funeral breakfast we thought it was well priced, very good selection of sandwiches and cakes, staff were very attentive, would thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Glasgow
Reviewed January 10, 2010

Never use this place for after a funeral, they mixed up a dinner that was organised for my family and close family friends, it was upsetting and embarrasing. My gran lived for 96 years and one of her wishes was that she wanted a family meal afterwards, we got greasy sausage rolls and hard sandwiches and pink cup cakes! it was a disgrace, they ruined our fairwell dinner to my mum's mother, our gran and a great gran. Avoid this place, it should be closed down.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank Jan0666
sjayl, Manager at West Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2010
I disagree with the above, as the menu given to the family was selected by themselves prior to the booking.

Our handmade cakes are requested on a day to day basis and they are one of the items on the funeral menu that the guests praise us on.

The hotel is well versed in funeral teas and i personally pride myself on the service and quality of the food we produce.
kent
Reviewed July 27, 2009

We found this hotel on the way back from our holiday in the Highlands everywhere was booked around Loch Lomond so we moved onto Glasgow. It was very good value we had a clean room breakfast was fine for our needs and the staff really friendly especially John! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and were made to feel really welcome.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
fleetwood
Reviewed April 30, 2009

Located on main A82 single glazed window so room extremely noisey all night
Breakfast very poor Breakfast was laid out night before Hard boiled eggs cereal and bread in wood box next to toaster Had toured around Scotland for w week and this was worst hotel ever WHERE DID IT GET ITS 2 STARS FROM NOT EVEN WORTH 1

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank emmavicFleetwood
England
Reviewed January 23, 2007

I booked a single non-smoking room and was given a twin smoking chalet. It smelt disgusting and I was unable to stay in it. After checking my booking, they confirmed what I had originally booked and offered me a double room at an extra cost. How bad is that? I asked for a refund and took my money elsewhere. NOT RECOMMENDED.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
5 Thank googlies
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clydebank
Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel
Premier Inn Glasgow (Milngavie) Hotel
The Dumbuck House Hotel
The Dumbuck House Hotel
#4 of 4 in Dumbarton

Been to West Park Hotel? Share your experiences!