“atrocious place!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Glasgow
“atrocious place!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

My partner and I were in Clydebank doing some shopping an decided to try this place out as we had never ate in it. what a bad move that was on our part! we were shown to our table by a lovely waitress. the tables were formica topped and very worn out, the bench in front of the window was patched up with black insulating tape and very worn and should have been in the local council tip 15 years ago! Our drinks ere brought over to us by a young waiter who was completely void of any personality and clearly didn't take an interest in hi customers or the job. we then decided to get our food, clearly they buy there food from the reduced sections at the cash and carry, the food was at best luke warm, the curry sauce was lumpy, more of a jelly consistency and bland, the chicken was the smallest of pieces, the onion rings and chicken balls were soggy and the chips were limp and cold, even a qualified paramedic couldn't revive them! and the deserts were just as bad, they were the tiniest and thinnest pieces of swiss roll I had ever seen and very little else choice, we didn't even have any desert. we then decided to leave, and they had the cheek to charge us £17.40, even dick turpin had the decency to wear a mask when he robbed you! worst place we have ever ate in. and a wee phone call to the environmental health will be made on Tuesday about this disgusting, rank rotten place. avoid it at all costs!!

• Visited September 2013

Cheshire
“You get what you pay for.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have to admit, I did have reservations regarding an all you can eat Chinese buffet for £9.99. After eating a meal there, I think I was robbed.

The quality of the food is really the cheapest of the cheap. The sauces are watery, the sesame toast was literally that – fingers of white sliced bread dipped in sesame seeds. Yeuk. The sweet and sour sauce was disgusting. I was genuinely scared to eat the mussels.

I have often said that the Taybarns establishments are really the pits, but it’s good to see that the small operator can still hit lower.

The actual eating environment is something to behold, cheap, shoddy and soul less, the outside is as charmless as a bus terminus. The tables are plastic topped and worn. I have eaten in restaurants with tables like this before and the food has been superb, unfortunately this place had no such benefits.

It was so bad, I didn’t even take any photographs as I didn’t want to sully the lens.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank MalvolioCheshire
Clydebank, United Kingdom
“Love the lunch deal.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Usually the food is great, i'm fussy and don't eat much chinese food so omlette and chips on the menu is a must. They say itsplain omlette but it's not. There's onion and tomato in it but usually i can get some without it or else just pick it out and leave it on my plate. Sometimes the foods not as hot as i like it so best to watch for fresh food goin out. Once i had 2 ask 4the chips to get changed as they were cold! Drinks are good, desserts are 2 and we always ask 4 pineapple fritters and ice cream. So the price is for 3courses so it's great. We usually go at least once every month or so. It's not worth paying the extra to go later as nothin much added to menu i can eat but definately go for lunch or late lunch. If in b4 5pm it's the cheaper price.

Visited June 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Almost average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Furnishing, crockery, cutlery really let this place down. 'the buffet itself was not worst and not best and would probably have been an average had I not been thinking about the overall ambience. The staff were attentive and pleasant and they are an asset. They offer pineapple fritters made to order and were happy to make me one when I asked which I thought was positve. It was also very nice.The salad was also fresh. If you ate before 5pm the price was far cheaper, £5.50 as opposed to £9.95. It is located right next door to the cinema and if you visit on a Tuesday there is a very good cinema deal on making this a very cheap night out if on a budget. My daughter enjoyed her food but I wouldn't go back even though there were some positives

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“how is place allowed to operate?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

walked in with my partner, who'd been before. The place is stuck in the 70's and falling to bits, seats were all taped up with black insulating tape to hide the holes. Now onto the actual food. I picked up a plate to start helping myself and it was so worn out i thought it was boggin. The kids had thomas the tank bowls but thomas was well faded or gone somewhere else for lunch. the lids on the food trays were mingin. i tried the chicken n corn soup, nae chicken n nae taste gave the guy it back after one mouthfull. never again. How this place is still running is hard to believe

• Visited May 2013