“Great meal, outstanding service!”
Review of Casa Italia - CLOSED

Casa Italia
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Casa Italia is a family run restaurant privately owned and managed by our Head Chef, Domenico. Domenico is from southern Italy and has a lovely menu to share with you that includes traditional classic pasta dishes and stone baked pizzas as well as a selection of meats and fish dishes all freshly cooked to order. He is also happy to adjust our menu offerings at any time to accommodate our customers' dietry requests or taste options. Casa Italia Ristorante opened at the end of November 2012 having been completely renovated from a former church building in the heart of Clydebank.We have installed a disabled lift access for customers who require wheelchair or pram access and have disabled washroom facilities alongside baby changing facilities. We are located on the corner of Montrose Street and Kilbowie Road with car parking facilities which we share with the Atlantis Bar. Casa Italia has seating arrangements for 110 customers which includes a balcony dining area for 40 to 50 guests. Our balcony dining area offers larger groups a designated location within our restaurant and can also be set up for a buffet. This area is also used for adult only dining, turning Casa into the perfect romantic setting.. Our team worked hard in our 1st year to secure a finalist place in the highly acclaimed Scottish Italian Restaurants Awards 2013 in the category of Best Newcomer - something we are very proud of. We have a fabulous team of caring and attentive staff guided by Domenico and our restaurant manager Peter who bring a great deal of humour and attention to all our customers. We open our doors every day to welcome you with your family and friends to join our family at Casa for a pleasant dining experience at our beautiful family home at Casa Italia. Our main restaurant does not have fixed booth seating therefore we can comfortably set larger groups within our restaurant area as well as intimate tables for 2.
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and I went for dinner there last week. I had minestrone soup - lovely, and a great portion! My other half had the bruschetta and loved it. For mains we both had lasagne and shared a garlic focaccia. The focaccia was beautiful, freshly baked and full of flavour. Lasagne again was a big portion, and just the right texture, TASTY!!

The service was fantastic, the waitress and manageress were very attentive and always made sure we were happy with food and had enough to drink.

Will definitely be back, best local restaurant around here.

1  Thank ClydebankOggy
Casaitaliaglw1, Owner at Casa Italia, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Hi Paul, thank you for your kind review of your visit to our restaurant. I am delighted to read you enjoyed our food and value and we look forward to welcoming you back to see us, Domenico

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have visited this lovely establishment on several occasions since its opening & would highly recommend it. The staff always give excellent service. The atmosphere is always relaxed & homely & the food is always delicious. Keep an eye out for special offers which are always available.

Can't wait to go back

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I visited Casa Italia on the 5th of March which was a Tuesday. We had wondered if we should book a table but neednt have as the restaurant was completely empty. We were greeted instantly when we walked in and served promptly. The waitress who served us was friendly and helpful.

The food was also enjoyable. I had bruscetta to start while my boyfriend had breaded mushrooms. For my main I had smoked salmon pasta which I was glad to be offered parmasean for as that had been a small gripe on my previous visit. My boyfriend had pizza which was good and didnt suffer the problem of being burnt or dry as some of the other reviews stated.

The waitress came to our table several times and asked if everything was ok with our meal and our glasses were never empty long. The excellent service may have been due to the emptiness of the restaurant but it was much busier on my previous visit and I still felt the service was decent.

I love the overall look of the place, the small touches in the decoration are stunning. Toilets were also spotless. The only thing that could have added to my experience was a bit of atmosphere but I guess most restaurants at 6pm on a Tuesday night are never exactly swamped.. I would however visit again, maybe on a friday next time?

1  Thank foodiequeen89
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We live locally and made our first visit to Casa Italia. On entering we were instantly overwhelmed by this stunning venue which is tastefully decorated and very comfortable. Service was friendly and restaurant offers a varied menu with special deals. We were a party of four and ordered starters, main courses and drinks. All our food was delicious and well presented in lovely dishes we had absolutely no complaints. Staff were friendly and down to earth. We would definitely recommend Casa Italia. Can't believe we haven't been before now. Will definitely be going back.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We went with a group of friends , we decided to get bunch of meals and try each others and it was not great, don't get me wrong it wasn't the worst thing i've ever eaten but when we said the the waiter " Im sorry this Carbonara is a bit dry and bland, the pizza base was burnt, spaghetti was tasteless and was Luke warm" the waiter apologised and took it away just to return within 2 minutes with our plates and said " this is how it is supposed to be" we could all see how nervous he was , it was a shame for him. we took the pizza and carbonara but barely ate it and asked for the spaghetti to be reheated..... about 20 minutes later we got it back ........ we did get a round of free drinks which we were thankful for especially since the the drinks were so over priced .... After we left we gave a tip to the waiter who we all felt sorry for but all agreed we would never go back . We then left a honest non malicious message on there Facebook page only stating how we only made some constructive criticism of the food and how i prefer to eat my food... if it was a steak im sure they would cook it to my preference not the chefs and they removed it !!! since then i have read a few reviews of the place and this seems to be the general theme everywhere i look .. i should have checked the reviews before i went, if you hear horses don't think zebras think horses....... if everyone says the same thing there must be an element of truth to it ...........

1  Thank Craigy690
Casaitaliaglw1, Owner at Casa Italia, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Hi Customers, Casa Italia has been open now for 19 weeks......yes already.....and we are delighted to be part of the Clydebank Community. Trip advisor comments have just started to be posted and we wish to respond to our customers. Casa Italia is an informal casual Ristorante Pizzeria offering a traditional menu with an additional selection of meats, fish, burgers and veal. Our chef is from southern Italy and cooks in this traditional style from his region. We have learned from our customers feedback over the last few months that this does not suit all our customers. We have made all the necessary changes in seasoning, texture, portion sizes etc and we are happy with our customer feedback since. As you can imagine opening a new restaurant comes with its challenges and we certainly faced ours in the first few months We believe the majority of the reviews posted without showing a visit date were from our just open weeks and we have taken these comments constructively. We have listened and taken on board our customers feedback good and bad and we take confidence from our customers repeat visits and recently posted feedback that we are on the right road to delivering the food and service standards we set out to do. we are totally committed to our business and thank our customers for their feedback as without this we cannot improve.