“terrible food, clydebank needs a good restaurant this is not it!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa Italia

Casa Italia
Ranked #4 of 49 Restaurants in Clydebank
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Casa Italia is a family run restaurant privately owned and managed by our Head Chef, Domenico. Domenico is from southern Italy and has a lovely menu to share with you that includes traditional classic pasta dishes and stone baked pizzas as well as a selection of meats and fish dishes all freshly cooked to order. He is also happy to adjust our menu offerings at any time to accommodate our customers' dietry requests or taste options. Casa Italia Ristorante opened at the end of November 2012 having been completely renovated from a former church building in the heart of Clydebank.We have installed a disabled lift access for customers who require wheelchair or pram access and have disabled washroom facilities alongside baby changing facilities. We are located on the corner of Montrose Street and Kilbowie Road with car parking facilities which we share with the Atlantis Bar. Casa Italia has seating arrangements for 110 customers which includes a balcony dining area for 40 to 50 guests. Our balcony dining area offers larger groups a designated location within our restaurant and can also be set up for a buffet. This area is also used for adult only dining, turning Casa into the perfect romantic setting.. Our team worked hard in our 1st year to secure a finalist place in the highly acclaimed Scottish Italian Restaurants Awards 2013 in the category of Best Newcomer - something we are very proud of. We have a fabulous team of caring and attentive staff guided by Domenico and our restaurant manager Peter who bring a great deal of humour and attention to all our customers. We open our doors every day to welcome you with your family and friends to join our family at Casa for a pleasant dining experience at our beautiful family home at Casa Italia. Our main restaurant does not have fixed booth seating therefore we can comfortably set larger groups within our restaurant area as well as intimate tables for 2.
“terrible food, clydebank needs a good restaurant this is not it!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

visited the restaurant prior to going to the local cinema. pretty much a standard Italian menu all the usual suspects. starter was under cooked not crispy at all and served in a dish ment for side orders,both main courses where inedible even though they had a second chance with one of them!. the only saving grace was that the waitress/manageress deducted both dishes for our bill.Sorry but no to a second visit.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Alba S

Clydebank, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great restaurant & would highly recommend it!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have been to this restaurant a few times now midweek & at the weekends for lunch & dinner with my husband, friends & also with my parents on separate occasions. I can't fault anything!! I have tried various things from the menu - all of which have been good so far, sampled quite a few of the cocktails!! The staff were very attentive and when we visited with my mum who is in a wheelchair they were very considerate & helpful and catered to her gluten free needs as well. Prices are very reasonable and it's good to finally have somewhere local to go instead of having to go into the city centre. I would highly recommend Casa Italia to anyone who has not tried it and it will definitely be a regular place for me.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank CKPK2005
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“lovely little italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Just been to the Casa Italia tonight with 5 members of my family.

The staff were very attentive and polite.

The tables were set really nice and the cutlery was clean and polished.

We didnt wait any length of time for our starters which went down a treat, the main courses followed soon after and were hot and delicious.

The menu has something for everyone from tapas to burgers and steak.

At £90 for 4 starters, 6 main courses and two rounds of drinks i would definitely say this was money worth spent.

I will definitely be going back again

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank nelle1961
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Theye can't even get pizza right”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Visited at end December 2012 and was really looking forward to it. We popped in to see what it was like before booking and it looked great. However it was very disappointing. How can an Italian restaurant get pizza wrong. It was completely tasteless and impossible to cut. We had to tear bits off and eat by hand. There was no salt or pepper on the table and we were not offered any black pepper. I left most of my pizza. I complained when they came to collect our plates,, which was the first time anyone came since serving the pizza. She said she would let the chef know, but despite waiting for ages, we never heard anything back. We had to leave as we had an appointment, but still nobody spoke to us or apologised for the rubbish meal. I left a comment on their Facebook page but it was quickly removed. I was pm'd basically to say I must have been mistaken about the pizza. I would never go back or recommend anyone. There are too may good restaurants around to put myself through that again.

Visited December 2012
6 Thank Foodie1610
glasgow
“Lovely restaurant & great staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have been a few times to this restaurant and cant fault it. I also took my mother and son there for our Christmas dinner. I honestly have never had a problem. We are always met with a smile and the staff always engage in conversation. I have had 3 different types of soup now and each one has been really unique and so tasty. My son is a massive fan of their pizza's - these pizza's are all freshly made and the difference in appearance and taste compared to other places is so obvious. They are delicous! I am trying to think of any negatives to give this a proper balanced review but really cant think of any. The place is always clean and its clear a massive amount of work has gone into making the place the way it currently is - its lovely.

I think if anyone has a complaint make the management aware and give them a chance to put it right as its still a new restaurant and am sure they would agree that they are still finding their feet.

1 Thank HaggisnNeeps