“Fantastico! Fresh food at its best”
Review of La Versilia - CLOSED

La Versilia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: This is a brand new Italian restaurant opened on 3rd July.
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Returned to l versilia today for a meal out with our little baby very child friendly and a great lunch time special has been launched had a lovely salad pizza and a great chat with the singing waiter Leonardo !

1  Thank gar123
There are newer reviews for La Versilia

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I had a lovely lunch today at this hidden away little gem of a restaurant in Clydebank. The owner who served us was a delight. Happy and smiling and checking on us regularly to make sure we where happy diners. Freshly made, tasty food at a cost of 2 courses for £6.95 was a bargain. A few side orders too that left us full and very much satisfied. We will be back soon for dinner and I'm sure it will be as good as the lovely meal we had today.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Great authentic food and owner , a mix up over order was well handled by the host who couldn't have been more helpful and friendly ( complimentary wine helped too !)
Toilets sparklingly clean and fresh , only have a 3 for atmosphere as it was quiet ( which it doesn't deserve to be ) Hopefully the
people of Clydebank wise up to the fact that good food is worth paying for and that there is not many restaurants in Clydebank that are . Gilli con carne x

1  Thank Gilli-con-carne
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I ate here the other day when I was walking along kilbowie road after a long day in the clyde shopping centre. The restaurant is tucked away next to Azzuri clothing and is very unassuming from the outside and looks more like a greasy spoon, however once inside you are transported to a coastal town in Tuscany. The decor is nicely done and the
owner Leonardo is very colourful and service I couldnt fault. I had the funghi indorati starter which was lovely then the spaghetti carbonara to follow which was ok. I have tasted better and the same for alot less in other places and £2.80 for a cappucino was a little steep and the ice cream was like the asda value kind but I was charged the price you might pay in a trattoria in rome. All in was good but for the price you might aswell go to the west end or even Italy. Ciao .

1  Thank cammy201
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Used to be great, visited last night and partner and I feeling worse for ware for doing so with slightly sore stomachs.

Ingredients are being compromised - even the olives and breads. Bruschetta is NOT just a slice of ASDA bloomer with one half tomato sliced on it, and two tears of basil leaf.

Scrimping on dishes, I had the Pate as I always do but this time it was wet with white wine vinegar, and the portion was a quarter the size of what I have paid for before. Partners sausage stew was very salty and undercooked.

Action required if they want to keep in business...

Lower prices ( get on a deals site for god sake, you are never busy... Use these sites under your own terms and conditions to bring repeat custom WHEN THE FOOD IS GREAT)

Advertise a little, even to local business of which there are many. Bring them in GIVE THEM GOOD FOOD and they will come back and they will tell their friends... This way you won't have to serve what you gave u ever gain.

As the owners will know there is stiff competition suddenly for Italian restaurants in Clydebank... With Casa Italia at the top of the hill and now Roma opening just a stone throw away. These places will all do deals, they will utilise social media, they will step into the now regarding prices during these austere times... and they will take your business away if you do not step up, get the food back to what it was and open your mind to new prices and new means of marketing.

I won't return for a while to La Versilia... But when I do I hope that they have sorted what was wrong with this once Hidden Gem.

4  Thank Banky783