“Friendly staff and super room”

Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clydebank
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Friendly staff and super room”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the Beardmore for two nights when my father was a patient in the adjoining Golden Jubilee Hospital. We arrived in the middle of the night but were so well looked after by staff at reception. Nothing was too much hassle. The room was immaculately clean and well presented. There were only two problems

1. I had two single beds joined together to make a king size. They were of different heights and left a lip on which sleeping was quite uncomfortable.

2. Switching on the TV is near impossible. Following the instruction card does not get the Apple TV online. It was a fellow guest who got it going.

I was in Room 401 and the view is beautiful. It's a gable end and you have two large windows facing towards the canal and onto lush green fields.

I would definitely stay here again. Well priced and exceptionally good value.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Ayrshire
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Spent the day utilising the hotel facilities as attending a conference. Lovely surroundings, great views, attentive staff, spotless toilets and lunch was lovely, buffer style but more than enough, Keep up the good work

• Stayed November 2013
oldham
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed here last week for one night and I must say it was well worth the money I paid, room was well equipped and clean, restaurant was good but I only had a burger and chips, the pool and gym area are a bonus, breakfast is good and lots of it and the staff are friendly and courteous. the location is a bit weird but for the money and free parking I wouldn't let this put you off as Glasgow centre is only 15mins away. I would stay here again!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is the second time we stayed at the Barrymore, staff are friendly and very helpful and are never too familiar or intrusive. Our room 211has views over the Clyde, lovely room with enough space for us (couple with child). We ate in restaurant, food was good and reasonably priced. We had a drink in the bar again reasonably priced. Swimming pool great for Sunday morning dip. We love this hotel and enjoy the short walk to the train station for the ten minute train into glasgow. Brilliant hotel, we shall return again and again.

Room Tip: You can request a river view when booking.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Darren N
Campbeltown, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed for weekend and was brilliant spotlessly clean, staff very friendly from front of house to the housemaid.excellent value for money only complaint they dont sell alcopops at bar and thats all the wife drinks. But I will return as overall it was excellent steven campbeltown

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

I work at the hospital & I stay here. I love Glasgow & have worked here nearly a year & this is the BEST hotel in town. The rooms are spacious & comfortable. The staff are friendly & smiley. The food is excellent & a fraction of what you would pay in a gourmet restaurant but at the same standard. Believe me I know;I lived & worked in Central London for 2 years.
OK it's about 25 minutes out of the centre but buses, trains & taxis are local & cheap.
The location by the Incredible Clyde with views down the riverbank & the Titan Crane are terrific. The sunsets & sunrises at any time of the year are heartbreaking.
This is a 5* hotel at 3* prices - stay here & tell me I'm wrong!? PS If it becomes too busy as a result of this review then I want the right to retract?! ;)

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bidzz
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed at the Beardmore Hotel for 2 nights including breakfast and found my stay peaceful and a well rested break - the staff from front of house to dining room staff were courteous and could not do enough for you. The rooms are spotless, spacious and well equipped with up to date computer/tv which has all the information that you require. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: I travelled with my grandchildren and had two rooms to accommodate us which I found immensely helpfu...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Gary R, Manager at Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Susan59513,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback following your recent stay with your grandchildren.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be clean and comfortable. I also appreciate the positive comments on the hotel staff which we have shared in the hotel.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Beardmore hotel again in the near future.

Kind regards
Gary Rice
Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clydebank
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Knockderry House Hotel
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
#3 of 6 in Arrochar
Lodge on Loch Lomond

Been to Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel? Share your experiences!