“Relaxing and attentive!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clydebank
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Relaxing and attentive!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Recently visited here and though i didnt stay, i enjoyed the facilities and restaraunt. The food and atmosphere was good, with big relaxing couches and good food though maybe slightly overpriced for what you got. A good place to come for afternoon tea. Hopefully your visit doesnt involve having to go next door into the hospital though.!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Only stayed one night welcome rooms service food all faultless Only downside food a bit pricey but would stay again didn't use facilities do can't comment on them but will try them if staying again had room service as we arrived late food was amazing , I think you are paying for the location I would give this hotel four out of five

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Gibson A
Peterhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Excellent hotel withlarge rooms, helpfull staff, and central located.Pool area very good and large sized pool with spa.Would reccommend this hotel and would use if in area again.Food excellent and catered for my grandson with travel cot in room.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Gary R, Manager at Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback further to your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoy the hotel and facilities and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Beardmore hotel in the future.
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Difficult to find but once in reception light and airy, no problem booking in, unfortunately one lift kaput which caused delays at busy times. Bank holiday weekend so no chance of repair.

Room spacious and clean, comfortable bed, bathroom adequate but accidentally turning bathroom heater on meant 10 minutes for it to switch off and sauna conditions. Room tired and in need of redecorate but this did not detract.
Took breakfast on only two mornings, buffet style all you want but no fried or poached eggs. Veggies not well catered for if they wanted hot breakfast. Porridge to be requested and long while coming. Staff not interested in problems of this nature either being non-committal or more interested in you if you sat in a "wrong" seat.

Small area of gardens allowed you to see the Clyde but no river footpath and surrounding district light industrial or tenements..

You need your own transporrt to get anywhere.

Room Tip: Get one floors 3 or 4 overlooking Clyde.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a conference January 17 - 18 2013. I follow a vegan diet and I notified the organisation of my dietary requirements on my booking form back in October 2012. I then called the hotel and spoke to a member of the events staff on January 16 to confirm that there would be food available for me at all meals. I was told that there would be food catered to my needs, and when I asked about soya milk being provided in the bedroom for tea and coffee, I was told that this would be done too - I thought that this was great, but not out of the ordinary, since this is the service that I have received at other hotels.

I was highly disappointed to find not only was there not any food provisioned for my diet during my stay, but the catering staff were not very knowledgeable about dietary requirements. On lunch the first day, all I was given to eat was half a plain baked potato and some salad leaves, I spoke to a member of staff and they said they would make me some pasta with tomato sauce but after waiting for 40 minutes and it did not arrive, I had to leave the dining room to get back to the conference. For dinner there was no vegan option on the menu, and the chef then made me some risotto but proceeded to put parmesan cheese on top of it! I then had to wait while another one was made and when it came it was undercooked, and the rest of my table were already on dessert, so this was embarrassing for me. Finally, for lunch on the Friday, again there was no vegan main and all I got to eat was three vegetable pakoras and some salad leaves. And unsurprisingly, for my entire stay there was no soya milk available.

I do have to say that although I found most of the staff very unhelpful and un-knowledgeable, one of the waiters, an older gentleman, was very helpful and kind to me during dinner. The hotel itself was lovely, and the bedroom clean and comfortable, although there as no hairdryer in the room.

This experience that I had is really not what you would expect from a 4* hotel, and I am most disappointed especially because I phoned the day before my arrival to confirm that my dietary requirements would be met. I have stayed at many hotels, including the Hilton in Glasgow, and my needs have always been met above and beyond my expectations.

For a hotel attached to a hospital, I would have thought that they would be much more aware of dietary requirements.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank VeganScot
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback further to the conference you attended, I am very sorry to hear of the shortfalls with regards to your dietary requirements after the time you had taken to advise the team in advance. Please be assured we have used your feedback to make improvements for the future, and I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.
Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed here for one night whilst working in the hospital.

Huge room which was very comfortable. The iMAC is a nice touch. Only gripe I had with the room was the rust on the metalwork in the bathroom.

The restaurants were both on the pricey side but the wrap I had was tasty. Breakfast was OK - let down by the scambled eggs.

All the staff I met were very friendly and helpful.

If you are working in Clydebank, well worth staying here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Isle of Lewis Scotland
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed for two nights as outpatient at hospital. Couldn't be more convenient but are hospital guests given inferior rooms? Our room didn't look like the ones in brochure. Furniture could do with being replaced, twin beds moved all over floor if you touched them and bathroom grouting dirty, sliding door really noisy. Restaurant very pricey, only had main course which was miniscule, couldn't get knife to go through potato rosti, had been advised to give it a miss by a friend who'd eaten there earlier, wish we'd taken her advice, came out still hungry. Second day we had lunch in the Lounge Bar restaurant which was much better, couldn't fault it and prices reasonable. All the staff were very friendly but the best part of our stay was in the hospital cafeteria where we had lovely breakfasts at very low prices, fantastic value, hotel please take note!! Would we go back, no.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clydebank
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Knockderry House Hotel
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
#3 of 6 in Arrochar
Lodge on Loch Lomond

Been to Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel? Share your experiences!