“Great Hotel and Location”

Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clydebank
GreenLeadersSilver level
Gold Coast Qld
“Great Hotel and Location”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Was recommended this Hotel by friends in the area, had a great 2 night stay to do a it of sight seeing around the area of greenock, Glasgow, Loch Lomond. Room was clean and roomy enough for 2 adults and a child. Our Grandson enjoyed a splash in the indoor pool. Staff in the Lounge/Brasseriearea were particularly friendly everyone of them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
PONTELAND
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I chose this hotel as it was in a good location and it offered twin rooms. However when I arrived (only 30 mins after check in time) I was given a double room and was told that the hotel was full and there were no twins left. Why did they take my booking then???? I had booked 2 weeks before the stay.I asked for a discount as they could not provide what I had booked and they somehow then found a twin. The reception staff were polite but still gave the impression that this was normal practice to provide a different type room.
Rooms are very good for the money. Food quality excellent. Restaurant menus confusing. There were 3, a la carte,bar and a different one for DBB guests (they were waiting for me to ask for the right one but I didnt know there were 3) Took 15 mins to get the right one.
Bill was incorrect in the morning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Only slightly dearer than a Premier Inn, but miles ahead in quality and service.
Huge rooms with very good facilities including, free wifi, mac computers in every room, very helpfull staff. The food was very nice with quick service, Breakfast was buffet style with good quality food. I will use this hotel next time I am in the area.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank EwanHossami
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2012

When in Glasgow I normally stay at a competitors hotel, however I had an early business appointment just a couple of miles from the Beardmore the following morning so I thought I would look for a hotel nearby and was very pleased with the result. I believe that the stay begins at check in and I was greeted with a smile and a very courteous polite receptionist who explained all the facilities to me. The room was very clean and fresh and I was soon able to relax. I visited the leisure centre and had a great swim in the pool. I had my evening meal in the restaurant and they had a good selection of food, the waiter was very efficient and the food was fresh and very tasty. I had a real good nights sleep on a very good matress and the following morning I had one of the best showers I have ever had in a hotel. The breakfast was excellent. The only downfall was that I had to leave a day earlier than planned due to other commintments, however; when I am in the area again I know where I will be staying as I had great service, great food and at a great price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
denver
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Was at a conference there earlier this month and stayed two nights at the Beardmore. Our group has had several conferences at this property over the years, and I do have a comparison to those visits with this visit. It seems that in some ways some things had slipped while others had improved, my wish is that the things that have slipped be addressed to bring this site back to top form.

The good: front desk was tops and very very accommodating which has always been my experience, often going above and beyond. The banquet meal was quite good and plentiful- especially in comparison to other conference properties we attend. The rooms are large and spacious. Overall breakfasts were good too and plentiful.

The not so good: housekeeping came in the morning after we arrived and did a really poor job of straightening the room. The could not have been in the room more than five minutes. Quite odd from a service standpoint. We were a full board group and the lunches were less than plentiful and the food selection quite odd. I might not do full board again as a result, no value there. Also, there is one small restaurant on site, but its selections and service left much to be desired again. Also, our group ends at 3pm each year, when I asked for even an hour late checkout past noon (the normal time) I was told flat no, which is odd for a Sunday checkout to me. So we brought our items down and asked that they be stored which the front desk said they would do, they never stored them or even checked them in and I just walked up and took mine when the conference was done, not exactly a feeling of security with my laptop being there, etc. Do I really have to drag that with me when I check out?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2012

just stayed at this hotel and had a wonderful stay,booked through groupon for the first time and didnt really expect too much but what we got was fantastic,a lovely junior suite with all mod cons,enjoyed a lovely afternoon tea followed by a relaxing hour in the pool and facilities but the best surprise was our evening meal,£25 each for 3 courses or upgrade for £7.50 each and have the a la carte,we choose to do this and 2 starters at £10.00 each, 2 mains at £27.50,2 desserts at £4.50 and a free bottle of wine,not just great value for money but staff couldnt have been more friendly,breakfast was buffet style but still kept fresh and was very enjoyable with some items being cooked to order, a totally wonderful stay and we will book again either via groupon or direct with hotel

Room Tip: pay £10 to upgrade to junior suite,they are top class
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Slightly odd sharing the entrance with a private hospital but the rooms were good and clean. Breakfast was plentiful, but still found it a little weird seeing patients in their robes walking about the common reception/lounge area.

All this said, I've stayed in many hotels local to Clydebank and I would think this is one of the best quality.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clydebank
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Loch Long Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
#3 of 6 in Arrochar
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Best Western Buchanan Arms Hotel & Leisure Club
Knockderry House Hotel

Been to Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel? Share your experiences!