“rotten”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“rotten”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

First of all we we're on a groupon voucher, so first impressions count. The restaurant itself was very busy, but as we had booked ahead in advance, we we're shown to our table immediately.

We both we're restricted to the haddock fillet, I chose mushy peas, my wife, garden peas. We we're offered bread and butter, but it never came.

The fish, if there was fish in what was mostly overcooked batter, was very greasy, the chips we're cold, my mushy peas had a huge black hair in it, when we pointed this out to the waitress, she said she would replace it, eh no thanks, finding a hair in it in the first place was more than enough to put me off eating another portion, what would you find in that one eh? A fish eye or a turd???

The soft drink tasted like the postmix hadnt been changed in a while.

Overall, we were not impressed, will not be going back or recommending to others.

incidently the price of the mushy peas was still on the bill.

8 Thank D M

“The nearest I've had yet!!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We were in Wales and had the nicest fish n chips ever! Since then I have tried everywhere and none have came close UNTILL now!!!
We went in after realising they have a gluten free option for my aunt!! Which is really had to find restraunts or takeaways that have that option! Ushally the gluten free food is horrid! But can honestly say I tasted hers and both were really good!
Will defo be back!

• Visited March 2013
Clydebank
“Great Takeaway”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stay in Clydebank and always go here for our fish and chips, best in the area, alway prepared fresh to order, even for takeaway, great service and staff. Restuarant upstairs very good too, can recommend the breakfasts and the home made steak pie.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely carryout”
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Have been here many times; always been a grt experuence. Fish n chips all time fav for myself n family

Bromley
“No trip home is ever complete without a family meal at the Boat!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Uk's best Fish & Chips! And a pretty mean haggis and steak pie too! Every time we visit my family in Clydebank we always enjoy a meal at the boat. Great food, friendly service and all for great value!

If your visiting Clydebank it's a must!