“Splendid isolation with all the creature comforts...”
Sitting at the foot of the hill Bonn na Cnoc
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Midnight in June
Sitting at the foot of the hill
Bonn na Cnoc
Somewhere under the rainbow
The dining area
Well provided kitchen
Kitchen - another view
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Supratik
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Splendid isolation with all the creature comforts : what more can one ask for !!”
Reviewed September 12, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

I cannot thanks John and Marion enough for allowing us to stay in their lovely little cottage. Skye is indeed overrun with tourists and driving has become a real pain. Every evening I recharged my batteries in this little piece of heaven with a glass of wine in hand and some days the multi-coloured sunsets over The Minch gave me company.
Right from the beginning John was prompt and helpful. Booking was straightforward.I had rented a big lens for birding in Hebrides and on the day of arrival DPD courier as usual messed it up, misplaced the lens and informed me that they'll try to deliver it over next 2-3 days. In desperation I contacted John who very kindly arranged the lens ti be delivered to his friend in the next village and I had no problem in collecting it. Many thanks John.
The description is accurate and the pics are not deceiving. The cottage has no close neighbours, spacious inside , modern in decor, lovely bathrooms with excellent shower pressure, firm pillows and bed where I slept like a baby.
It can be pretty cold even in summer and the central hearing was more than adequate. We did not try the fire place.
It even had a ramp for guests with mobilty issues. Very thoughtful.
I had noted one comment about wi-fi but we had absolutely no problem with internet and I was quite pleased with the broadband speed even in this remote place. One of my main worries was to keep the two teenagers happy by finding a way of watching the Game of Thrones season finale. My daughters had no problem streaming the GOT episode from NOW TV and there was no problem with buffering. I also watched a couple of programmes in Netflix while my good wife posted many photos in Facebook. Everyone happy !!
John had even arranged milk, bread and a bottle of Skye Black for me as welcome. Wow !!
The cottage was clean and no extra cleaning fee was charged after departure.
We had no problem in self-catering. Uig is a very well located place. Close to my ferry for Tarbert, the local shop very well stocked, good restaurants nearby, a beautiful waterfall Rha falls ( see my review separately) to see, Quiraing just 15 minutes drive. I monitored the weather carefully and was able to find a small window and jump into the car and enjoy a fantastic hike. Fairy glen is also very close and you can reach before the buses arrive.
The midges were particularly horrible this year !!
The whole Trotternish ridge is stunning and I drove the loop couple of times from the cottage. Mobile phone reception ( I am with EE) was non-existent and thankfully there was a landline so that I could book the loch trip from Elgol.
John's direction was spot on. The single track road was not that difficult to drive as long as you don't drive like maniac and plan well in advance for passing places. Of course in touristy places it becomes tiring.
The outdoor deck was very nice although I was almost eaten alive by midges the first time I ventured without protection. There are small birds around and I did spot a couple of buzzards as well.
Overall a top notch stay and strongly recommended.

Sep 13, 2017
Thank you, Supratik for this review.
we are so glad that you enjoyed yourself and the little bits i could help with were no trouble at all.
Just one little request if I may - tell your friends!
:-)

Many thanks
Hils77
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Couldn't have been better ”
Reviewed July 23, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Stayed for one week from the 17th June with a disabled friend. The cottage had everything we needed and was fully accessible for my friend. The ramp was the right gradient and made getting into and out of the Cottage so easy. We had mixed weather but had some lovely days out. The staff and the customers at The Pier in Uig were amazing getting the wheelchair in and out. Nothing was too much trouble. The food was good and reasonably priced too. I am planning a return visit with my husband.

Jul 24, 2017
We're glad you and your friend enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back.
christine...
Victoria, Canada
“Great location and great house”
Reviewed June 27, 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

The house is very nicely laid out, roomy and comfortable and suited us all very well. It seemed everything we might have needed had been thought of and provided.

We arrived to find a welcome basket full of goodies and also milk in the fridge which was very much appreciated.

Great views of the water and you can watching the setting sun from the deck or from inside the house.

The weather was kind to us. We had mainly sunny skies during our stay and after a day of hiking the mountains Bonn Na Cnoc offered a peaceful retreat from the world.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Spacious house and watching the changes in the weather
Liked least: The midgies!
Traveling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jun 28, 2016
Thank you for your review, Christine. We're glad that you enjoyed Skye and Bonn na Cnoc.
Ronnie M
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic family stay”
Reviewed February 18, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

We really enjoyed our stay at Bonn Na Cnoc, it is a fantastically well equipped house with a particularly good open plan sitting, dining and kitchen area. It has loads, of books, videos and games and the bedrooms and bathrooms are generous and luxurious.
The setting and location is also really good and there was plenty for us to do, visiting Flora Macdonald's grave, Duntulm Castle, the fairy glen - a must for young kids - and Neist point.
The Sheiling café in Uig was also well worth a visit.

Traveling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Feb 23, 2016
Thank you for the review.

We're glad that you enjoyed your stay on Skye and In Bonn Na Cnoc.
Katrinasa...
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Felt like home”
Reviewed October 21, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

We stayed in Bonn Na Cnoc for 4 nights and we all absolutely loved the cottage. We had variable weather during our time in Skye and it was so nice each day to come home to such a welcoming house were we could get warm and toastie by the fire place.

We spent the nights playing games which the house is fully stocked in and the kitchen is so large and equipped with everything you could need. I am one who loves cooking and we even manage to squeeze in a roast on our final night.

The only negative about this stay was that we were waiting on the northern lights and unfortunately they never came on for us :(

We will all definitely recommend this cottage to any of our friends going to skye for a wee trip away.

Thanks so much and we will definitely be back :)

Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Feb 17, 2016
We have had a word with the Supervisor and Aurora Borealis have been ordered for your next stay :-)

Thank you for your kind words.
mikjayfay
u.k.
“Why people keep on coming back...”
Reviewed September 7, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Our second visit to the cottage and we are glad we decided to return to our home from home.
As working artists we love the inspiration of Skye and we have come away with loads of notes ,drawings and photographs which will continue to keep us working until we return for more.
We have left John and Marion a framed watercolour of the cottage seen from the old chapel on the hill( seen through the patio windows) we hope they like it enough to hang it in the cottage somewhere. Meanwhile while we were in the cottage work commenced on the view through the kitchen window.... see photo...

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: What a question! Everything!
Liked least: H'mmm see above answer.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Feb 17, 2016
We deeply appreciated the gift of the watercolour.

It is hanging in the dining area - with pride of place.
riandal
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Truly outstanding...an absolute gem”
Reviewed August 16, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

This is the third time we've stayed at this property and it's fair to say we've fallen in love with it. Truly exceptional accommodation in an idyllic location. The owners (who are extremely helpful) have pretty much thought of everything. It's spotlessly clean, the facilities are first class and I guarantee by the end of your stay you won't want to leave. Not even the weather will bother you - because if it rains you get to spend more time in the cottage and marvel at the amazing views to the Outer Hebrides. A real gem and easily among the best holiday accommodation we've ever stayed in. Can't wait to go back again.

Feb 17, 2016
And we can't wait to have you back again!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing