“Excellent and thoroughly enjoyed our stay, faultless!!”

Clearview Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isle of Lewis
Clearview Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #17 of 57 Isle of Lewis B&B and Inns
Anglesey, United Kingdom
“Excellent and thoroughly enjoyed our stay, faultless!!”
Reviewed May 9, 2011

We arrived to a friendly and welcoming host and immediately offered tea and coffee, the room was spotless and comfortable, information re places to visit was very helpfull and the breakfast was excellent, our overall stay was unforgetable
Anwen and John
Anglesey

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anjon02

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed April 15, 2011

I first booked 2 night at this b&b but had to cancel the 2nd upon realizing there was no available tarbert-Uig ferry on the day of my departure. Not only that, but I arrived later than expected, and quite muddy, after scrambling too long on an improvised hill-walk in west Harris. Nevertheless -
Irene welcomed me as warm as she possibly could, with smiles and tea and bakings, and was very understanding about my cancellation and didn't charge any "fines". The room (double ensuite viewing the beautiful loch and hills) was beautifully decorated and very clean, breakfast was great, and the packed lunch was great in taste&value. I wish I could have stayed longer, and if I ever come back to the isle of Lewis - I wish I could get a room at Clearview for more than just one night (next time I will book the ferry months ahead and not wait for the last minute...). The area of Balallan is in my opinion the best looking area in Lewis, especially on the main road from tarbert to stornoway, and clearview, which is on top of a hill above the village, probably has the best spot there. Being also the cheapest b&b I found in the area (28£ ppn for ensuite room), i will strongly recommend everyone to book it if they're looking for a b&b on Lewis.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank mekapetz
Isle of Lewis, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2011

We booked Clearview at quite short notice and I can say we were extremely lucky to get such a warm and welcoming place. We arrived quite late but Irene immediately made us feel at home with coffee and a light supper. Our room was cosy and ideal for our planned(?) stay. Breakfast was definitely worth waking up for and, being toast lovers, Irene helped to increase our ever burgeoning waistlines by bringing additional slices. Although there are no TVs in the rooms (which suited us) there is a one in the comfortable lounge, in which we mainly used the free wi-fi to collate information on the main purpose of our visit.
Irene kindly provided us with a delicious packed lunch on the Sunday, including coffee (useful if you’re driving down to Harris or Scalpay at this time of year, bit of a lack of tea-rooms/cafés). She (and her husband, Norman) were also a wonderful source of information on life in general on Lewis and help guide us to a greater clarity on what we were looking for.

And you must visit the Loch Erisort Inn, which can be seen from Clearview. Not only does Geraldine make one of the best steak and ale pies I’ve ever had, she also does something with the vegetables that makes me eat them all (and the servings aren’t small). If you’re lucky, you may get a smile from Zak(?) the collie. Honest. He also answers to the name half-wit, which I think is one of the best names I’ve ever heard for a dog.

We’re intending to go back to the Lewis in the next few weeks and when we know the date I really hope Irene is able to accommodate us again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2010

This was a warm and friendly BnB and we felt at home here. Excellent hearty breakfast and lovely surroundings!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank potterspatch
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2010

Extremely warm and welcoming, comfortable accomodation, great view

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Gipf-Oberfrick
Reviewed June 29, 2010

We arrived at Clearview B&B on June 9, 2010.

Irene is a very friendly host, we were welcomed with a cup of coffee and biscuits.
We spent the night in a en-suite doubleroom which was spacious and had a great view.

We enjoyed a full Scottish Breakfast in the lounge and we can recommend this B&B for other visitors.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
london
Reviewed April 20, 2010

This was the worst breakfast we have ever eaten in a b&b! The sausages were disgusting, the egg done in microwave, instant coffee and not filter coffee, cheap bread, no choices of jams (orange or orange). No buffet as well. We were told at what time we could have our breakfast.
The bed was very confortable though even though the bathroom was tiny and there was nothing to hang out the towels. I was not expecting that from a 3 * B&B and for £60 a night for the 2 of us. We left after 2 nights but we should have left straight after the 1st one.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple