“Fantastic don't waste your time in stornoway this is the place to stay”
Review of Loch Erisort Inn

Loch Erisort Inn
Ranked #13 of 56 Isle of Lewis B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We read about this place on TA and tried to book in both nights but could only get in one night due to the demand. We got in Sat night and the landlord Bernie is just great stories wonderful beer fantastic and the food is superb. I couldn't think of a better place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I cannot recommend this place highly enough. The rooms are fabulous: clean, beautifully furnished with the best shower I have ever experienced; the owners are warm, friendly, funny and welcoming; the dog is gorgeous. ....... The food is spot on... well cooked, locally sourced - the breakfast sublime. I really enjoyed my stay and the location is ideal for both Lewis and Harris. The bar is frequented by locals from all over the islands who are very friendly and genuine. I saw a sea eagle outside my room one morning - the owner lent me his field glasses for the duration of my stay to take out with me. Serves food all day every day, even on a Sunday. I recommend you ask for advice for what to see and do even if you have planned your own itinery.. the advice was spot on.. thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank singleparentfamily
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I enjoyed my stay here. The hosts are very welcoming, and the food is decent, wholesome fare. My room was very clean, large and decently appointed, with an excellent bathroom. There was a bit of an all-pervading smell of fried food, which was likely peculiar to this particular room, as it's sited over the kitchen. Overall I would happily stay here again, although it was quite pricey for a single traveller. That said, nowhere is particularly good value in the Outer Hebrides, as local costs are so high, so no especial complaint from me. Great, central location if you're exploring Harris as well as Lewis (as you must), with a beautiful location looking out over the loch.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Popped by for a beer and stayed for dinner
Lovely day so sat outside in the sun for an hour or two then had dinner
Host leant us his field glasses to observe the golden eagle flying nearby

Good honest food, generous portions, great prices
They seemed very busy so guess the rooms are good too

Room Tip: i didnt mean to rate sleep quality - we only had dinner - but it wont let me take it off!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beeble1022
Reviewed July 8, 2012

stayed here for three nights and could have stayed longer the owners bernie and geraldine are brilliant along with the staff the rooms are spotless and the beds are so comfy good size bathrooms with a big bath and shower the food in the resturant was cooked to perfection and the portions were huge great selection i had fish twice as it was great and one of the best that i had anywhere do try the hebridean breakfast it will keep you going all day nothing is too much trouble for the staff and they are very helpful the inn itself is well placed for touring harris and lewis if you are thinking of going to the hebrides save time hunting for an excellent place to stay book yourself in here you wont be dissappointed

Room Tip: all rooms have a good view
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Elaine H
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Had a last minute stay in the Loch Erisort Inn when we had a mishap at our holiday cottage. The staff were friendly and chatty. Owner Geraldine made us food even though we turned up around 10pm. The food was lovely and had been recommended to us by locals.

Our room was large, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was great - if you order 'the works' be prepared for a mammoth breakfast!

The Inn is in a perfect location to explore both Lewis and Harris. We saw golden eagle and a sea eagle in the Lochs area.

We stayed at the Loch Erisort Inn through chance but will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lou077
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This was a gem of a place. The wonderful breakfasts, great bar food featuring what was caught that day on the evening menu, the seafood which varied every night included fresh crab and lobster as well as Halibut and mackerel. All the staff from the management down make this a great place to base yourself touring Lewis and Harris. The first night we were there eagles glided overhead and the views over the loch are great; the very friendly atmosphere make this one of the best places to stay I have been for a long time.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
#9 of 11 in Isle of Harris
Uig Lodge
Uig Lodge
#1 of 1 in Timsgarry

Been to Loch Erisort Inn? Share your experiences!