“Lovely Place with relaxed atmosphere”

The Faerie Tree Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Aberfoyle
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Scottish, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Specialising in Hot Stone Cooking, Gluten Free menu with Free Kids Cinema. Large Sunny Beer Garden and Pets Welcome. Fast Light Lunches, Hot Stone Pizza, Steak, Vegetarian.
Huntly, United Kingdom
“Lovely Place with relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I recently visited this establishment the day after it was reopened and under new management - I have also visited it before this and wow what a transformation - it was super clean, there were new tables and chairs in the lounge area - it really was amazing!

They also have a little cinema corner for the kids with cinema trays that you can order - some peace and quiet on a hectic holiday was much appreciated and the kids enjoyed it too.

They have hot stone cooking which looked lovely but it was one of the hottest days of the summer so far and being that I was far far too hot, I was just not willing to add any extra heat to my surroundings. So I had baked potato which was done to perfection and a proper baked potato not thrown in the microwave, my mum had macaroni cheese and the kids had cinema trays. Food was delicious, staff were very good and attentive and kids were happy to watch a movie - there is plenty of places to sit with outside seating in the good weather. I would recommend you visit if in the area.

1 Thank Camlew2014
LandlordTFI, Owner at The Faerie Tree Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Arlene writes: Thank you and all the previous reviewers for the lovely comments. We are overwhelmed by your support and patience in the few weeks that we have been open. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Good food, nice staff. Friendly atmosphere..”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I found out, after I arrived, that the restaurant had only been taken on by the new owners for one week. I don't know what it was like before, but I found it to be pleasant and located a cool shaded area to eat my lunch. The staff were very friendly and sat and chatted with us. The food was excellent too. I saw that they had a little cinema area for kids to sit and watch movies and have snacks and stuff like that, while they watched. I thought it was a neat idea.
The grill your own steak, was also something that I haven't encountered before, although I didn't have that, but it sounded good. Overall a good experience. Am interested to see how the place will blossom after the new owners have been there for longer. Beautiful little village.

Warrington, United Kingdom
“What a Meal”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We went to the Coach House Inn on our 1st night in Aberfoyle and what a place, it was being refurbished and had only been opened 2 days previously. We were greeted by a very friendly staff and shown to a table in the extension, drinks arrived straight away and the menu was explained as they use a new way of cooking where a flat stone is heated to 440 Celsius and the meat, from the butcher across the road, is then cooked on top. You need to ask for a spare plate to hold your meat as if you left it on the stone it would burn. I found it easier to cut off pieces and cook them as required. The only slight problem is the smoke from the cooking and if there are several dinning the smoke could get thick. The meat was delicious and you could tell it was good quality and well coursed. Once again there was no rush and the stones kept hot for over 40 minutes, on a hot day you need to be outside. Towards the end the Chief came out to see is everything was OK and we had enjoyed ourselves, He even explained how the stones work, a nice little touch.
Never having eaten this way before it was a unusual and delightful and I would do it again, I believe The Coach House is the only restaurant in Scotland to use thins type of cooking and is worth a visit to try it out.
Many thanks, hope to visit again

Glenrothes
“The Best food in the area”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

What's there not to be liked about this place ? My family were passing through and we decided to have a meal . It was the best eating experience I have ever had. Food was superb so many tastes on one plate . I wouldn't normally recommend a place because am fussy and have very high standards but this place I recommend 100% 5 star and service was awesome . If your in the area go there . I stayed at a local Hotel and cancelled my meal there just to eat at the coach house . Very reasonably priced as well which was a bonus . You've never tasted good Scottish food till you've eaten here :)

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Hot Rock Cooking”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

When we arrived for our stay in Aberfoyle we heard it had recently changed owners and others were giving it good reviews so we went to check it out. We were greeted by a very friendly staff and seated immediately. The food was amazing. There is a special cooking method used here where a flat stone is heated to 440 Celsius and the meat, sourced from the local butcher, is then cooked on top of this at your table on your plate so it is exactly to your liking. It tastes amazing and looks really cool on top of that. The selection of food wasn't too varied but having eaten there twice we managed to try 4 different dishes all of which were very nice tasting. Prices were decent too for the area.

1 Thank Caitlin F