“Grumpy walker”

62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Grumpy walker”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The visitor centre provides refreshment and toilets but little else. The shop is a feeble collection of children's rubbishy toys and where's the tourist info? There was a ranger at a desk presumably there to help but I could find no information boards of any substance. There were a few outside describing the walks but overall this was a very disappointing place. Maybe the refurbishment is not yet complete?
I only found one way into the centre and this was up a steep path/ steps. If you are able but elderly this is a tough entrance. There are disabled parking spaces nearer.
I took the walk to the waterfall and my main gripe is that this was marred throughout by the 'zizzing' noise of the 'Go Ape' zip wire. Very annoying.
This place needs some basic improvements rather than promoting a range of fancy teas.

3 Thank DerbyshireElaine

Bourne, United Kingdom
114 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Beautiful views, not such great food.”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We popped into the visitor centre for a quick meal after completing the nearby go ape course. We both ordered pizza and a drink. The price was a little on the expensive side and the food was nothing special. The pizzas were a little on the greasy side, the cheese didn't really taste of anything and the tomato sauce's flavour was overpowering.

On the plus side the lodge provides excellent information on the trails available in the forest including their length and difficulty. It also has some beautiful views out over the forest.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Manicrose
Alnwick, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Under Re-construction”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Still a good place to find out about the Queen Elizabeth Park and Trossachs and the live cams were excellent.

Thank Graham And Muri... L
Stirling, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Why change!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We used to take our kids and then grand-kids to this marvellous attraction near Aberfoyle Stirlingshire. On Monday I was inspired to take our oldest granddaughter and visit our old haunt which we last visited years ago. On arrival I noticed all sorts of activity of the building kind - lo and behold there was a refurbishment in progress. 'Our' cafe was moved to the back of the centre to afford a great view of the forest! (how long can you look at trees in wonderment) (the tourist shop where we browsed for ages has been cut down in my estimation by two thirds of the original size with little to look at! but the biggest surprised and to my disgust they have changed the name and left out the originator, David Marshall who was responsible for the creation of the site and centre, apparently some jobs-worthy thought the name was too long! and called it the Lodge. Also outside was a magnificent view towards Aberfoyle and beyond and had a telescope to afford the wonderment of the area - this has now gone!
I wondered why change/refurbish something that worked for everyone and create a sanitised version of a visitors centre.
My opinion may not be in line with others but I can only add, it will be my last visit to this once enjoyable experience

6 Thank Eddie D
Glasgow, United Kingdom
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is fast becoming a must visit place for the area. The walks are being added to and refurbished all the time and are lovely. The visitor centre has just re-opened and is lovely with the Cafe having been given a refurb. Had a look at the menu and it looks really good but was not there at a time to sample it. My wife and I will certainly be back. Just give us more parking please as I reckon if the sun comes out it will be busy