“Cake!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stopped by for cake on a busy Saturday afternoon, lovely warm welcome and very accommodating staff. Cakes here are superb and the choice is vast. Unfortunately we could only manage to try two of the cakes due to the size of the portions which gives us a reason to return!

There are newer reviews for Wee Blether Tea Room

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is no greasy chip - great breakfast in a friendly café. Loved the quirky surrounds - especially the signs about the types of customers they are looking for - need to visit to understand !!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

The Wee Blether is just down the road from my parents' house. Whenever we visit we try to go there for lunch or at least a coffee. The cakes are to die for, delicious. And the staff are so friendly and welcoming. Vegetarians are well catered for, as are children. Tables are available outside for nice weather, but look out for the alligator! This is a fantastic little tearoom, I can't recommend it highly enough.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My very favourite tearoom! Always receive such a welcome from Shona, Ricky and the team that it is like visiting old friends! Not only the welcome is great but the food is amazing! On Saturday enjoyed a lovely tuna salad, served as I like it without mayo and lots of fresh salad vegetables and fruit! This was followed by the largest slice of chocolate cake I have ever seen and as a bonus it was gluten free! It was my birthday and unbeknown to me my husband had told Shona, so my cake came with a candle and 'Happy Birthday' sung by all! Amazing highlight of the day!

All the food is so fresh, prepared with love and the home baking is out of this world. Words can not describe, so the only way is to try it!

I recommend this tearoom to everyone, a credit to Scotland and not to be missed. It is on the bank of Loch Ard in a lovely setting, with lots of quirky signs etc in the grounds. You can even stay on the spot in the lovely holiday cottage in the grounds! Just imagine being able to enjoy the wonderful food every day!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We have been visiting the Wee Blether for a few years now and have always left as very satisfied customers. With lunches that are great and home baking which is even better this is a place not to be missed if you are in the area or like us just looking for an excuse for a trip in the car! Got to add the service is excellent as well!