“Thrilling!”

Go Ape Aberfoyle
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Aberfoyle
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Take in the stunning surroundings of Queen Elizabeth Forest Park as you fly 46 metres above the ground on two of Britain's longest zip wires. Located in the Trossachs National Park, it's a mecca for Go Ape pilgrims, thrill seekers, adventure lovers and those that just want to get out and have some fun in Loch Lomond. At the turn of the year our award winning adventure at Queen Elizabeth Forest had a tree-lift. Not only have we put in all new obstacles and crossings, we’ve rethought the entire layout of the course, meaning you get to see parts of the forest you wouldn’t have seen last time. With the new design comes a unique aspect for those adventurous monkeys out there – a dual course. That means you now have a choice of which route you take – moderate or extreme. Along these routes you’ll encounter brand new back-to-back black crossings - don’t worry these are optional. Sound challenging enough for you?
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Brentwood, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Thrilling!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have always wanted to fly through the trees on a zip wire and at 62 I've finally managed it. The Go Ape experience took about 3 hours and cost £30 . The staff were very professional and stressed the importance of safety measures when climbing many feet above the ground secured only by harnesses and wires (secure though they were!). The minimum age for this event is 10 years which I felt was a little low given that this event requires concentration to adhere to the safety requirements. A great, though tiring event, I'm very pleased that my husband convinced me to give it a try.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank mlplat2

Fife, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hen Party adventures”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We all went to Go Ape in Aberfoyle on the tree top adventure at 12noon and finished the course around 3pm. Would have been finished sooner but we were behind a group of slower people. Everyone was friendly and willing to help you. Toilets and cafe facilities were available and throughout the course there was plenty water dispensers. an A1 experience! X

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Mel H
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Hard work”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Loved this so much we went as a group for a friends 21st and had such a good experience. It was hard to climb the cargo nets and you find yourself working hard to get past some of the obstacles but its all part of the fun. It is unsupervised once you have been inducted, but you feel safe at all times as the staff are very professional with their demonstrations and really friendly so if there is a problem there on hand to sort you out. I will definitely be back.

Visited May 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A fun experience outdoors”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I went to Go Ape in Aberfoyle recently. We had booked ahead to have some fun to celebrate a birthday. On arrival were greeted and then got a short instruction course to make sure we were safe throughout the morning.

It was good fun with the zip wire and the obstacles in the trees. I also thought that for the rest of our family who chose not to take part they still enjoyed the forest and watching us as we made progress through the various stages.

It was great fun and we had a nice lunch afterwards in the restaurant.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Ian F
“Amazing”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Took my husband here for his birthday. Had an amazing time even though I am terrified of heights the staff were very supportive of this and I completed the coarse and would most definitely do it again. Fantastic day out and well worth the money.