“Great family fun”

Go Ape Aberfoyle
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Aberfoyle
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Our first Scottish adventure and what an impact it's made. Two of Britain's longest zip wires, each stretching over 400m long, flying customers 150 feet above the ground and over a 90 foot waterfall. It's zip wire heaven in Loch Lomond.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Glasgow UK
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great family fun”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Booked this with my 2 teenage sons. Instructions at beginning were clear and informative and staff very helpful. Once you are in the trees you are left to go at your own speed and you can let others pass if you need more time. Both my boys loved it and we agreed it would be good to go back again. It is a bit on the expensive side £78 for the 3 of us plus a further £3 to park, but to be fair it is all clearly shown on their excellent website. Definitely recommend booking in advance as only 15 places per 30 min slot. Also recommend taking gloves..we had fingerless cycling gloves which were perfect. Including the training it took us 2hr 30mins. Check age and height restrictions before you go. Also it isn't well sign posted but if you head for the lodge visitor centre above Aberfolye it is in there...hence the parking charge. The staff will safely store car keys, wallets etc for free.

Banchory, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Go Ape”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Went on a quiet midweek day in early October, no queues and lots of time. Staff very helpful and chatty.

amyg0509
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great fun!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I decided to go so booked the least busy slot on a Saturday, for the fear I bottled it as held others up! We arrived after missing the turn off as it isnt well sign posted! we expected massive go ape signs but think this is probably restricted by forestry commission..

we were greeted by a massive zip line over a valley! After going through a practice session with Dave I was ready to cross the zip line ...(Argh!) I was scared but safely hooked up he said .. Oh lean back and see how safe it is ... I did! Lost my footing and was flying through the air! Only problem I got stuck as didn't push off hard enough and was rescued the other side whilst looking at a waterfall.. Screaming!

We hooked up and went round all the course getting braver by then end! There's a zip line at the end of each zone. I loved the big Tarzan jump and felt like jet the gladiator climbing up the net!! Haha! Final zip slide was great! Longest in uk and great views and I crossed without getting stuck lol!

Staff very helpful and understanding other goAper's all supporting each other! Would be great in big group or couple. One man on our group was on his own! (Brave!)

2 Thank amyg0509
Leven, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Pricey but great fun”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

In the summer,bring midge protection and do not wear shorts! The midges are relentless at the ground, but non-existent in the trees. Unfortunately, due to restrictions on the number of people in the trees, you sometimes need to wait on the ground for some time.

Visited August 2013
UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Apemazing”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The best Go Ape I have been to. The course is great fun and the staff are so friendly and extremely professional. Worth a trip just for the two zip wires into and out of the course area!

Visited September 2013