“Go Ape”

Go Ape
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Aberfoyle
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Take in the stunning surroundings of Queen Elizabeth Forest Park as you fly 46 metres above the ground on two of Britain's longest zip wires. Located in the Trossachs National Park, it's a mecca for Go Ape pilgrims, thrill seekers, adventure lovers and those that just want to get out and have some fun in Loch Lomond. At the turn of the year our award winning adventure at Queen Elizabeth Forest had a tree-lift. Not only have we put in all new obstacles and crossings, we’ve rethought the entire layout of the course, meaning you get to see parts of the forest you wouldn’t have seen last time. With the new design comes a unique aspect for those adventurous monkeys out there – a dual course. That means you now have a choice of which route you take – moderate or extreme. Along these routes you’ll encounter brand new back-to-back black crossings - don’t worry these are optional. Sound challenging enough for you?
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Went on a quiet midweek day in early October, no queues and lots of time. Staff very helpful and chatty.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I decided to go so booked the least busy slot on a Saturday, for the fear I bottled it as held others up! We arrived after missing the turn off as it isnt well sign posted! we expected massive go ape signs but think this is probably restricted by forestry commission..

we were greeted by a massive zip line over a valley! After going through a practice session with Dave I was ready to cross the zip line ...(Argh!) I was scared but safely hooked up he said .. Oh lean back and see how safe it is ... I did! Lost my footing and was flying through the air! Only problem I got stuck as didn't push off hard enough and was rescued the other side whilst looking at a waterfall.. Screaming!

We hooked up and went round all the course getting braver by then end! There's a zip line at the end of each zone. I loved the big Tarzan jump and felt like jet the gladiator climbing up the net!! Haha! Final zip slide was great! Longest in uk and great views and I crossed without getting stuck lol!

Staff very helpful and understanding other goAper's all supporting each other! Would be great in big group or couple. One man on our group was on his own! (Brave!)

2  Thank amyg0509
Reviewed October 4, 2013

In the summer,bring midge protection and do not wear shorts! The midges are relentless at the ground, but non-existent in the trees. Unfortunately, due to restrictions on the number of people in the trees, you sometimes need to wait on the ground for some time.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

The best Go Ape I have been to. The course is great fun and the staff are so friendly and extremely professional. Worth a trip just for the two zip wires into and out of the course area!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I am terrified of heights but I love to test that fear. What better place to test it than here. Absolutely amazing. All the staff, from those at the cabin to the instructors, were all so kind and supportive. I surprised myself with my performance throughout the course. The area is so gorgeous and this is an incredible way to see it. The zip lines were thrilling. I am making it a point to come back here in a few years.