“loads of fun!”

Go Ape
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Aberfoyle
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Take in the stunning surroundings of Queen Elizabeth Forest Park as you fly 46 metres above the ground on two of Britain's longest zip wires. Located in the Trossachs National Park, it's a mecca for Go Ape pilgrims, thrill seekers, adventure lovers and those that just want to get out and have some fun in Loch Lomond. At the turn of the year our award winning adventure at Queen Elizabeth Forest had a tree-lift. Not only have we put in all new obstacles and crossings, we’ve rethought the entire layout of the course, meaning you get to see parts of the forest you wouldn’t have seen last time. With the new design comes a unique aspect for those adventurous monkeys out there – a dual course. That means you now have a choice of which route you take – moderate or extreme. Along these routes you’ll encounter brand new back-to-back black crossings - don’t worry these are optional. Sound challenging enough for you?
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I went there in a corporate group, and we all loved it. You are free to move forward at your own pace, and the staff was nice and understanding,

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Had a fab day here with 2 adults 2 teens. Felt it was a bit expensive when we booked but now would say it is brilliant value. Safety is paramount here and all of the staff were very friendly and approachable. You can't really go wrong if you listen to the instructors. The course was very enjoyable and challenging in bits but then that is the point of the adventure. I also thought the length of the course was just right too. The teens loved it. I was a bit apprehensive at first but I am so glad I did this. Everything is well maintained and although the visitors centre was closed, it looks like it will be very good when it reopens. I would definitely recommend this activity. Can't wait to do it again!

1  Thank jangles1
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Went as a group of 5 with 1 under 16. Initial thoughts were that it is an expensive activity however once I saw very well maintained equipment and site I changed my mind.
I'm a self confessed fearty and was ready to talk myself out of it many times ....I'm soooo glad I did it.
You can't really go wrong as long as you listen to safety advice.Our guide Steph was super.
Any "mishaps" and the staff are quick to get to get to the person (little person in our group didnt quite make it to end of zip wires due to weight)
We will definately be back, I cant wait to bring my nephew when he's old enough.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I am not sporty or very fit so was a quite frightened by the thought of this but I was wrong, its so much fun and what a fantastic day out the experience is so out weight by the small cost. something that should be done once by everyone.

1  Thank lalaforbes
Reviewed August 4, 2013

What a fantastic day out for all ,well worth the money,we took our three teenage kids and one of their friends ,what a great time,staff where all professional and customer service. Second to none,if u and the family looking for a fun testing day out for you and the kids this is the place,enjoy