“Great day out, explore the park as well”
Review of Go Ape

Go Ape
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Aberfoyle
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Take in the stunning surroundings of Queen Elizabeth Forest Park as you fly 46 metres above the ground on two of Britain's longest zip wires. Located in the Trossachs National Park, it's a mecca for Go Ape pilgrims, thrill seekers, adventure lovers and those that just want to get out and have some fun in Loch Lomond. At the turn of the year our award winning adventure at Queen Elizabeth Forest had a tree-lift. Not only have we put in all new obstacles and crossings, we’ve rethought the entire layout of the course, meaning you get to see parts of the forest you wouldn’t have seen last time. With the new design comes a unique aspect for those adventurous monkeys out there – a dual course. That means you now have a choice of which route you take – moderate or extreme. Along these routes you’ll encounter brand new back-to-back black crossings - don’t worry these are optional. Sound challenging enough for you?
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Really great time, in the rain to begin with but then the sunshine, really great staff, polite caring and considerate. Amazing views, well worth the trip, will go again.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I've been twice to Aberfoyles Go Ape and each time the staff have been lovely attentive and always make you smile.
The last zip and the large tarzan swing are my favourites but its always a good day out I will be going back in the spring again!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

My dad and I 'went Ape' at Aberfoyle and it was brilliant.

The staff seemed very competent and were friendly, I left feeling confident that I knew how to clip in at every tree etc.

Warning for the height phobic- it does feel very high. I wont spoil the fun by describing them but there are a few obstacles involving jumps etc that scared me a little too! However, a girl in front of us was very scared of heights and managed the whole course and was very proud of herself. As long as you are clipped in correctly you are always safe so its more about your brain convincing your body that you arent leaping into the void.

Tip- Volunteer to be the test subject when youre being taught the moves at the start as then you and your party get to go first! This is important because the only thing that I didnt like about it was the last area where my dad and I caught up with the previous group and got stuck for ages behind people. This area was however totally worth the wait so dont do what we saw some doing and just head back, wait it out.

Overall was a great day out, not too strenuous although both of us are pretty fit so dont take our word for it. Would recommend that you go to the first session of the day then volunteer so you get first spot- Thats what we will be doing if we return!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We are from Canada, visiting Scotland for the first time. This attraction was on our way to Edinburgh and we had pre-booked a date and time on-line months prior. My family and I got there at our designated time of 10:30am and joined a bunch of other families also booked in for 10:30. We were given a quick but thorough lesson on how to attach ourselves safely to the ziplines and ladders, etc., Then they sent us on our way behind the groups of 2 and 3 (we were 4) as it would make sense that the two and three group families would be faster. Once we finished the first zipline, you follow a footpath to a large set of ladders, swings, smaller ziplines, tunnels, etc. high off the ground, that you get to walk across one by one. It was tons of fun for the whole family. However; we were behind a family of three that were extremely slow! No one seemed to be monitoring the pace, and we waited and waited and waited for these people to finish one thing before we could start our fun. They were so slow that the 12:00p.m. group that was scheduled behind us actually caught up and had to wait too! In the end, an activity that should have taken 1 1/2 to 2 hours actually took 4 hours. I wouldn't have minded so much but we were freezing and had to go to the bathroom. So if you go and you are the lucky ones to be behind the slow people, perhaps wave down an employee to have them let you pass ! Otherwise, I would highly recommend this activity for anyone.

Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I went with my partner in October and had a really good time. The staff are very friendly and leave you feeling safe. The course itself is very good with some quite tricky parts but again all very good fun and completely safe. The final zip write is excellent and offers some great views of the nearby scenery. I would recommend going here for a great day out.