“Fun for the fit!”

Go Ape Aberfoyle
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Aberfoyle
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Take in the stunning surroundings of Queen Elizabeth Forest Park as you fly 46 metres above the ground on two of Britain's longest zip wires. Located in the Trossachs National Park, it's a mecca for Go Ape pilgrims, thrill seekers, adventure lovers and those that just want to get out and have some fun in Loch Lomond. At the turn of the year our award winning adventure at Queen Elizabeth Forest had a tree-lift. Not only have we put in all new obstacles and crossings, we’ve rethought the entire layout of the course, meaning you get to see parts of the forest you wouldn’t have seen last time. With the new design comes a unique aspect for those adventurous monkeys out there – a dual course. That means you now have a choice of which route you take – moderate or extreme. Along these routes you’ll encounter brand new back-to-back black crossings - don’t worry these are optional. Sound challenging enough for you?
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Glasgow, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Fun for the fit!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Went on a Friday morning with my ten-year-old son (users must be 1.4m or over) on the first booking of the day 9:30. It felt like a building site with the refurbishment going on, the WCs weren't open yet and the Go Ape staff didn't have a key. HOWEVER, after that, we had SUPER fun. It was a gorgeous autumn day and we had the course to ourselves for most of the time. The instructor told me that the next day they had 200 people booked. Even after the safety brief, I wasn't too confident that I had understood how to use the safety harness, but the instructor shadowed us discreetly to ensure we knew what we were doing, and I soon got the hang of it (pardon the pun). Basically, the course consists of going from tree to tree at height by various means- zip wires, 'walkways' and swings. Some parts of the course are quite challenging, hence the cautions before you begin the course.The whole experience took just over two hours. My son and I loved it and I have no hesitation in recommending it.

Visited October 2012

UK
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great day pity about jumped up staff member.”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Turned up with some trepidation as to what it might involve. Oh by the way, we struggled to find the car park but maybe that's just my navigation skills! All staff are youngsters ( showing my age). Good technical safety advice and then you are away on the massively high and long zip wire. Word of advice, just let yourself rotate. I tried to keep facing the take off site in the hope of a soft landing into the hill on my backside on the other side. I just ended up knacks ring my back and walking like quasi modo for a week after!!! Once on the other side it's fun fun fun on ropes ladders and well ..... High up bridges .... One wee upstart member of staff was just ignorant in the way that he spoke to the adults. Hopefully he is long gone now!!! All in all a great day somewhat spoiled by staff attitude.

Visited November 2011
Kent, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“very well organised,”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Very busy during the summer months. Best to ring or book on line before turning up.
After a very thorough safety brief we zipped wired 150 ft over a 90ft drop, great way too start our adventure..well worth the money.

Visited August 2012
London
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Longest zip line - awesome!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We have also been to a Go ape in the Lakes... but this one trumps it with the huge zip lines you start and end with! The staff were lovely and helpful, it's a long course, and the massive zip lines are awesome. Especially on a very windy day... you get up so much speed they have to have staff on hand to brake you on the landing point! Great fun.

Visited September 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the best day out i have had in years, cant wait to go back”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

our group were age ranging from 11 - 40+. the instructors were 1st class. i hate heights and was sceptical about doing it. but felt so reassured, that i went for it. I am so glad i did, what a brilliant experience. There was an accident on the glasgow road so some of our party were running late and didnt make out book in time, the guys at go ape were most helpful and moved our times about. two of our party didnt want to do it and their money was refunded, no problem. i am organizing another visit there for the spring. cant wait to do it again.

Visited September 2012