This is a fairly new HI Express designed to the standard formula - and on that basis there is nothing wrong with it, but...
As other reviewers state it is next to 3 huge nightclubs - and even on a quiet night they will keep you awake if on the city side of the hotel. Changed rooms (much to the reluctance and aren't we doing you a favour, of reception to overlook the retail park on next night - was better).
Parking is a nightmare - you can park for 4 hours next door (attach to the evening you can effectively park overnight - but not over a day). Took some time to find a space - pre Xmas road rage about! The car park is shared with a cinema and retail park. Kids were riding trolleys into cars, and by Asda's cashpoint teenagers were injecting drugs.
I wanted to go to Glasgow for the day (plenty of trains) so reception recommended a car park behind another retail park - drove in and straight out - decided to park opposite hotel - looked safer and about £6 for 24 hours.
Coming back late evening the car park is used by the town's boy-racers, not causing problems but could be intimidating - there were 50-60 cars all occupied.
In conclusion - dreadful area and parking bad. I have stayed at the Strathclyde HIE - that was much better placed and nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express Hamilton has a tremendously convenient town centre location and is ideal for both business and leisure guests. The hotel is only two minutes’ drive away from the M74 and M8 with Scotland's great cities within easy reach. Glasgow is only 20 minutes away, Edinburgh 50 minutes and Stirling an hour. We’re also well located for Scotland’s International Airports: Glasgow, Prestwick and Edinburgh. Free parking is available in the adjacent retail park, free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel and the inclusive breakfast offers continental items with some hot options. Our hotel is near Glasgow and is handily positioned for Hamilton International Technology Park as well as Strathclyde Business Park. Thrill seekers can head to the nearby Strathclyde Country Park. In the hotel we have a bright, spacious Great Room which offers you a chance to relax, chill out, grab a bite from our snack menu or have a drink with friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hamilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hamilton Hotel Hamilton
- Holiday Inn Hamilton
- Holiday Inn Express Hamilton Scotland