We have family and friends who live in Hamilton and the location of this hotel was ideal for our recent 3 day stay. We regularly stay at Holiday Inn Expresses and this is one of the best we have used. Overall, the hotel was extremely good value for money.
The hotel is in the town centre which means that it is very handy for the nearby shops, restaurants, cinema (the hotel has discounted rates for residents), Strathclyde Park, M &D's Theme park, Hamilton Museum, Hamilton Water Palace, M74, Railway Station and the Express Bus Link to Glasgow.
Check in was very friendly and efficient, our room was clean and the sofa bed was made up for our son. Continental Breakfast is complimentary, was well stocked and also included scrambled eggs, sausages and baked beans. The breakfast and bar area were comfortable and spacious despite the hotel being fairly full.
The manager, Louise was very attentive to our needs and extremely helpful. Indeed all the staff were friendly and efficient.
We will definitely be staying again and can thoroughly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express Hamilton has a tremendously convenient location and is ideal for both business and leisure guests alike. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel and the inclusive breakfast offers continental items with some hot options. The hotel is situated in Hamilton town centre and has free parking available adjacent to the hotel, as well as offering a selection of attractions within walking distance of the hotel. The hotel is only two minutes drive away from the M74 and M8 with Scotland's great cities within easy reach. Glasgow is only 20 minutes away, Edinburgh 50 minutes and Stirling an hour. Holiday Inn Express Hamilton is near Glasgow and is handily positioned for Hamilton International Technology Park as well as Strathclyde Business Park. If you are looking for some leisure activities, then we are only minutes away from Strathclyde Country Park. The hotel is well located for Scotland s three international airports: Glasgow, Prestwick and Edinburgh. Glasgow is only 23 miles away on the motorways and Prestwick can be reached in about 45 minutes, while Edinburgh is approximately 50 minutes. In the hotel we have a fantastic, bright, spacious Great Room which offers you a chance to relax, chill out, use the Wifi, have a drink from the bar, or even just meet up with some colleagues. If you wish a private meeting, we have a selection of three meeting rooms all with floor to ceiling windows and air conditioning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hamilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hamilton Hotel Hamilton
- Holiday Inn Hamilton
- Holiday Inn Express Hamilton Scotland