“Good food ,shame about the noise level.”
Review of Cafe Eataliano

Cafe Eataliano
Ranked #5 of 126 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a family owned and run Italian Restaurant. We are very family friendly. Please feel free to call us for bookings and information. Thank you
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Walking into to restaurant is like going into a noisy school cantine!. The decor is modern and stylish but every sound is hugely increased by the hard surfaces. As a group of six we had to shout at each other to be heard. I f everybody does that it also increases the hub bub. The service and the food was good but do not go for a quiet tete a tete with your loved one.The pasta and pizza dishes were reasonably priced but I think the chicken dishes were very expensive.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

My second visit was for dinner, but never again. The food was as delicious as my visit on a lunchtime, and I'd recommend the veal. The place was buzzing and so noisy that we couldn't even hear our friends who were sat next to us. We just wanted a nice quiet dinner but got quite the opposite. Even after a large party of kids left it was still very noisy.
Ideal for lunch but won't return at night.
Thought the drinks prices were rather expensive too. £5 for an Italian beer is a bit steep.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have now been to this restaurant on approx 5 occasions. The service has been good on all occasions with the staff being very attentive and friendly. Sometimes it can be quite noisy although i dont mind as you forget about it once you start chatting.
I have tried the mussels, Minestrone soup & bruchetta for starters, the garlic and white wine sauce you get with the mussels is fantastic. Mains -veg lasagne, fillet of steak & pizza, all been very nice and my steak cooked to perfection, the pizzas are thin and crispy just the way they should be.
Great choice of wine, last time i got a bottle of red from the family vineyard which was exceptional, i think it was Palazzo Montalcino, will always choose this wine anytime im in Eataliano
I would definately recommend this restaurant for a quick lunch or dinner. It is also very reasonably priced. Best to book for dinner as its a very busy place.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We ate here on a Sunday night and it was a very busy restaurant with a good 'vibe' to it.
We had a table for two and it did feel as if the small table we were seated at was placed there to take up floor space as we were sitting directly infront of the pizza oven/serving area and next to the kitchen entrance. Looking around the restaurant, it certainly looked as if the best seat locations were reserved for parties of 4 or more.

Having said that, the food was delicious. We had 'Zebra' (black pudding, mozzarella, tomato salad) and Minestrone soup to start.
Both dishes were big portions and were very tasty.
For mains we opted for the Italian sausage in a creamy tomato sauce with penne pasta and a seafood risotto. Again, both were large portions and tasted great.

Prices for starters, mains and drinks were fairly average.
I'd agree with other reviewers, there is more of a cafe feel to the restaurant. Great for a lunch or a quick dinner rather than a romantic meal.

We will be back again though and would recommend it.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I went to Cafe Eataliano last week for lunch. I think the first key thing to say is the place does feel more cafe than restaurant, with very few soft furnishings meaning the 'chatter' carries through the whole place making it quite noisy. For me that is fine for a quick lunch, or dinner when you can't be bothered to cook, but not the surroundings if you were going for a nice meal out or special occasion.

To start I had mussels, they were a touch over cooked, and lacked any trace of chilli they were meant to include. The tomato sauce was like a marinara and was tasty yet not what was described. My wife had the mushrooms which she enjoyed.

For main course I had a burger (extra for cheese & bacon). I do normally like a bun to be lightly toasted with a burger however on this occasion the bun was too toasted for my liking, not burnt, just well toasted. The burger itself was also quite dry which along with the bun made it less enjoyable than it should have been. I ended up coating it in tomato sauce to help.

My wife had a cheese pizza (extra for onions). The base was nice and thin and the ingredients fresh. My personal preference is an Italian base to be thin and slightly crispy, this although tasty was soft everywhere except the edges, meaning much of the toppings just slid off.

In terms of service the girl who took our order was very friendly, polite and served well. A couple of the other girls serving never had the same manarisms unfortunately. As an example, when one of the girls served our mains, the plates went down and off she went, at this time we both had empty glasses, I needed a napkin and there was no offer of pepper, vinegar, ketchup and the like. Thankfully the girl who took our order and served the table most frequent remedied this.

We had tiramisu and coffe to finish that were both lovely.

In summary we may return for a quick lunch again, however it probably won't be in a rush, and it is not a 'Saturday night out' or special occasion place.