“Great food, good service”
Review of Cafe Eataliano

Cafe Eataliano
Ranked #3 of 121 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a family owned and run Italian Restaurant. We are very family friendly. Please feel free to call us for bookings and information. Thank you
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We ate here on a Sunday night and it was a very busy restaurant with a good 'vibe' to it.
We had a table for two and it did feel as if the small table we were seated at was placed there to take up floor space as we were sitting directly infront of the pizza oven/serving area and next to the kitchen entrance. Looking around the restaurant, it certainly looked as if the best seat locations were reserved for parties of 4 or more.

Having said that, the food was delicious. We had 'Zebra' (black pudding, mozzarella, tomato salad) and Minestrone soup to start.
Both dishes were big portions and were very tasty.
For mains we opted for the Italian sausage in a creamy tomato sauce with penne pasta and a seafood risotto. Again, both were large portions and tasted great.

Prices for starters, mains and drinks were fairly average.
I'd agree with other reviewers, there is more of a cafe feel to the restaurant. Great for a lunch or a quick dinner rather than a romantic meal.

We will be back again though and would recommend it.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I went to Cafe Eataliano last week for lunch. I think the first key thing to say is the place does feel more cafe than restaurant, with very few soft furnishings meaning the 'chatter' carries through the whole place making it quite noisy. For me that is fine for a quick lunch, or dinner when you can't be bothered to cook, but not the surroundings if you were going for a nice meal out or special occasion.

To start I had mussels, they were a touch over cooked, and lacked any trace of chilli they were meant to include. The tomato sauce was like a marinara and was tasty yet not what was described. My wife had the mushrooms which she enjoyed.

For main course I had a burger (extra for cheese & bacon). I do normally like a bun to be lightly toasted with a burger however on this occasion the bun was too toasted for my liking, not burnt, just well toasted. The burger itself was also quite dry which along with the bun made it less enjoyable than it should have been. I ended up coating it in tomato sauce to help.

My wife had a cheese pizza (extra for onions). The base was nice and thin and the ingredients fresh. My personal preference is an Italian base to be thin and slightly crispy, this although tasty was soft everywhere except the edges, meaning much of the toppings just slid off.

In terms of service the girl who took our order was very friendly, polite and served well. A couple of the other girls serving never had the same manarisms unfortunately. As an example, when one of the girls served our mains, the plates went down and off she went, at this time we both had empty glasses, I needed a napkin and there was no offer of pepper, vinegar, ketchup and the like. Thankfully the girl who took our order and served the table most frequent remedied this.

We had tiramisu and coffe to finish that were both lovely.

In summary we may return for a quick lunch again, however it probably won't be in a rush, and it is not a 'Saturday night out' or special occasion place.

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Ate in here last night, this was the third time we had tried to book a table the other times it was fully booked! Very popular place it seems. We had the antipasto, mozzerella sticks and the zebra dish (black pudding, mozzerella and tomato) for starter - all delicious! Then pizzas for our main courses, mine was the half-in-half pizza and calzone- such a clever idea really enjoyed it. Pizzas were thin and crispy with good amount of toppings. Then both had sindaes for dessert. All that and a bottle of wine came to only £60 fantastic value for money and very tasty food. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Just had fabulous meal at Eataliano, Hamilton. Relaxed atmosphere, great service and delicious food. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I tried here for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Its a great place to go for a laid back lunch/dinner. As it is not long open its always been really busy. We managed to walk in and get a table early one Saturday afternoon. It was already starting to get busy. The service was very quick and staff were on the ball. Very friendly and cheerful. The lunch menu is great value for money and the food was quick to come out. The restaurant got busier and noisier and filled up pretty quick.I paid in vouchers and we weren't sure how it would work with getting change. We waited for about 10minutes to see if our change would be returned but no one came back with it. we just decided 2 leave without asking for it back since it wasn't much