“Let's Support our local Restaurants!”
Review of Cafe Eataliano

Cafe Eataliano
Ranked #3 of 120 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a family owned and run Italian Restaurant. We are very family friendly. Please feel free to call us for bookings and information. Thank you
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I've eaten in EaTaliano twice and consider it excellent value. I have been to Italy over 20 times and believe that the Pizza is as good as most pizzas in Italy ( I say most because I don't want to lose credibility).

I usually never eat pasta in a restaurant in the UK because it consistently disappoints, but try the pasta here...it's good.

I also think that having to travel to Glasgow or Edinburgh for a good Italian is inconvenient-sometimes...so let's support Eataliano in our town.

Incidentally, I have no association with the restaurant, and I am sure the manager will wonder who I am.

If you want some suggestions:- Have the Pate or Mussels as a starter and share a Pizza and Pollo pasta.

People complaining about drink prices given it is £7.95 for the two course Lunch Menu, need to go to Complain City where all the random Complainers live, and let the rest of us enjoy a great addition to the culinary options in Hamilton.

Que aproveche ( Spanish but ...hey!)

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I went to Eataliano last week with my wife for a spot of lunch and was pleased to see a two course lunch on the menu for £7.95, the waitress was very helpful and friendly, we ordered two diet colas as we were both driving. When they came the waitress took our order of two Minestrone Soup and a penne carbonnara, and penne in a cheese sauce along with a side order of Garlic Bread.
The soup was beautiful, piping hot and served up with a crusty roll, both pastas were also first class, very tasty and certainly good value for money. There were two very small and very thin slices of garlic bread served as our side order, and at £3.25 I felt this was a rip off.
When the bill arrived we noticed the diet cola, which was on draught, cost £3.00 each, also a bit pricey.
I felt they were quick to let you know the price of the "cheap lunch", but hid the price of the add ons. As I said previously the food was excellant, but I couldnt help feeling I had just been ripped off.

2  Thank BillyG_11
Manio L, Manager at Cafe Eataliano, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you so much for your review and found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I wanted to clarify the cost of your diet coke with you also as we do not have diet coke on draught. The coke is from a bottle and the cost was for a pint of diet coke which you received. Our half pints of diet coke are £1.95 and are considerably cheaper than our local competitors at £2.85 for a half pint. I am so sorry our waitress had not given you the option. I also wish to apologise for the garlic bread, again cheaper than our local competitors at over £4 but will feed this back to our chef regarding your complaint. We are sorry if you felt 'ripped off' but this is not what Eatalianos is about and do not wish to give this impression as we do keep our prices as reasonable as possible. Thank you

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Recently visited for some dinner with my mum and was surprised by how busy it was on a Wednesday night, food choices were good with an extensive menu and the wine was reasonably priced for some decent wine to accompany the food.

We started with a Caprese salad which was ok and a Focaccia that was very nice and a large portion. We then both had pasta, my mum the Seafood with the Tomato sauce (even though she asked for the white wine but was nice enough that happy to have this) and i had the Paesana with Sausage, Spinach and peppers which was good as well.

The service was good and attentive enough, atmosphere was decent with a busy cafe feel to it and I would think next time i am back in the area i would be happy to go back.

The prices were reasonable, portions were of a decent size and is a good option when compared with the other Italians similar to this in Hamilton.

Thank you so much for your great review and apologise for the mix up with the pasta sauce. We would love to see you again.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

the layout of surroundings was very nice and staff friendly but was disappointed in the food, when our order was taken we had to wait 30 mins for our starter and then for our main course a further 20 after that, to many staff and not knowing what they were doing, wine was expensive and beer at £4.60 a pint day light robbery.

Thank you for your review, we are sorry you had such a wait for your starters and main course. We are unaware of the time you came to the restaurant, but have we do have enough staff to cover for full capacity as our tables have been full most lunches and evenings at certain times. We are sorry if you found our staff not knowing what they were doing, but we have invested a lot of time into training and from other reviews, this has paid off. Our wine is competitive compared to other surrounding restaurants in Hamilton. The draught beer is Birra Moretti which is a premium Italian Lager but we also sell cheaper bottled alternatives too so there is something for everyone. We do hope this helps and apologise again for your delay.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have been here twice now, once on a Sunday late afternoon and once on a Thursday evening.
The food was lovely, calamari to start and on both occasions I had the steak pasta which was amazing!! Waiters are very attentive and friendly!
The only thing is its really quite noisy, I think because its quite an open space with high ceilings and no soft furnishing such as curtains, so the noise really carries. Its wasn't as if people were shouting or anything like that, but as soon as we walked in on the Sunday we thought it was really noisy so we ate quick and left.
When I went back on the Thursday night, it wasn't as busy and so there wasn't the same issue, thank goodness.
I would go back but not at a weekend or special occasion such as Mothers Day when you know its going to be busy. Quiet Monday Tuesday or Wednesday night would be better.