“Disappointing”

Pir Mahal
Ranked #38 of 112 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Scotland
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Paid a quick visit a Friday night. I was aware of the 2 courses for £8.90 deal before 7pm but I'm sure the sign at the top of the stairs mentioned a buffet option too. However, no mention was made of this by the waiter as I was handed the 2 course menu or a la carte :S
I'm not a fan of the newish decor - too dark and lacking in atmosphere in my opinion.
The mixed pakora starter was freshly made and a decent sized portion. I waited a wee while for my main( although maybe seemed longer sitting on my own!). The portion of curry was sufficient and pretty hot for a tikka masala, but I felt there was not enough rice which was a pity considering the minimal cost .
The waiter asked if I was finished just as I took my final mouthful and I was asked by 2 waiters and the owner if I wanted tea/coffee ( a bit of overkill I think)
In fact, when I got home, I was still peckish and munched on some crisps!

• Visited December 2013

Hamilton, United Kingdom
“Never lets me down”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We are regular although not frequent visitors to the Pir Mahal. We chose the buffet alternative and we well pleased with what we were able to chose. It is always worth checking the other offers as well as there are often good deals available. Staff were friendly and attentive. It is a good middle of the road restaurant and it has certainly never let me down. I expect to be back again befroe too long.

airdrie scotland
“Group on deal”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I feel pretty bad as i scored atmosphere as a 1, to be honest it was a friday at 2 and out of 20+ tables there were only 3 full. This was a group on deal and we probably wouldnt rush back. When we walked in the guy told us the buffet would be 5 mins, they then went and made it up fresh for just us. Nuts if they have asked we'd have chosen a meal instead of making a buffet for 2. The food itself was tasty enough and choice was good but experiance wise it wouldnt rate high on my list of fav places. The staff were helpful enough but the places lacks a spark.

Wishaw, United Kingdom
“small portions”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Sorry pir mahal wife and I wont be coming back ,we have been regulars for many a year but your portions are just getting smaller and smaller,and your staff just change from week to week,sorry to say but a once good restaurant going downhill fast.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Coped well enough in a power cut”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I do not know what I would award on a normal visit. This was certainly not normal as there was a power cut. I think they coped pretty well and think a 4 is in order but possibly generous. The food was lovely, service good in the circumstances, wine was of a good enough standard and toilets clean and in good order. We did not stay long, in and out buffet meal in under an hour. The darkness was not their fault.