“Excellent food and good service”
Review of Pir Mahal

Pir Mahal
Ranked #38 of 112 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Motherwell, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and good service”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Booked this through Groupon, £17 for 2 courses and a wine or beer for 2 people. My boyfriend and I visited the restaurant last night, I had never used Groupon before so was a bit apprehensive incase we had any issues but it was fine.

The staff were friendly and attentive and the food was superb, delivered quickly, good portion size and very tasty.

The only reason for not giving a 5 rating is twofold, I asked for rosé wine and was given red and secondly I'm not sure about the decor it just felt a bit bare and clinical to me especially for an Indian restaurant but that's really my personal taste.

Overall I would thoroughly recommend, we obviously had an amazing deal with Groupon but I would say it would be worth full price.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank sweetcheeks72

Larkhall
“A Very Friendly Place”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Just a spur of the moment night out for us and this was just the right place.

Waiting for my son and his Girlfriend to arrive the staff could not do enough for us (drinks, nibbles etc). The manager came and chatted for a while and when we were ready our orders were taken quickly and arrived promptly (piping hot).

They have a variety of choices, from a Pre-Theater, Table Buffet and Full A la Carte.

We selected fron the Pre-Theather (2 course)which for under £10.00 had a great selection.

The place filled up quickly (Friday Night) which gave it a great atmosphere, with the staff buzzing to ensure that everyone was happy. We were not rushed and were allowed to enjoy our evening.

Will be back, a great place to go to at the drop of a hat.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank MIB-53
Wishaw, Scotland, United Kingdom
“yuk.”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

P All the atmosphere of a dark cupboard and bland surroundings. Food was poor as well. The price was ok I suppose. But i just a really united uninteresting experience.

Visited March 2013
Motherwell, United Kingdom
“Great value and great food”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We have been going to this restaurant for years and have never been disappointed. They do a lot of great deals and no need for a voucher, although we have been with the voucher deals too. looks great inside now and is worth a try as you may miss it due to it being up above a row of shops and pubs.

Visited November 2012
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Good atmosphere and staff who go a bit extra. Be treated with respect.”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Here's the honesty bit first. My Aunt and uncle have been patrons here, plus assorted family members, for donkeys.
The last time I was in here was when the New Romantics were in vogue, so I had a blank idea about the place before my visit 21st century style.
We arrived at teatime Saturday and parked for free in the giant car park opposite. A short walk later we were at the door of the place, close to the old school and the long lamented corner shop where once school kids bought single fags long, long ago.
The restaurant is upstairs and brightl, which is unusual for this type of establishment (a good sign).
The family knew the staff and owner personally, and he was generous and friendly to a returnee from the dark ages who was looking forward to the night.
Starters were a shared dish for sidekick and moi, and they were indecently splendid. As good as anything I have tasted for a while, hot, and full of flavour. A very good start indeed.
Main course was taken with beer and poppadoms, and to be honest was the best fare I have tasted in a while. The rice was firm and fresh, and the quality could not be faulted.
Most of the customers were returnees, which is always a good sign, and even our waiter joined in by chatting to us all like a long lost pal, without a hint of condescension.
All in all, a fun night, extremely decent meal, in very reasonable surroundings. You can tell why the place has been there for ages, as it has a confidence about it which is definitely reassuring.