“The invisible woman”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“The invisible woman”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I recently took my aunt in for an early evening meal, not from the Pre-theatre menu, but full price. We both ordered fish mail courses, salmon for me and monkfish for my aunt, along with two glasses of fine wine. The food and wine was very good. Less good however was the insistence that we "eat quickly" as they were expecting a rush of pre-theatre crowd, so could we hurry up and pay our full price meals and get out.... plus the Scottish bloke with the pretend Italian accent ... STOP IT. I have been going to Andiamo for years, but will not be returning... I expect at least a little respect for my wish to come in and spend my money..

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Gemma W

Hamilton, United Kingdom
“Second visit changed my views of the restaurant”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This time We had an excellent meal.The mussel starter was tasty and the main courses of chicken and beef strogonof were both good.Nice touch to provide glutin free bread if necessary.

Motherwell, United Kingdom
“A great surprise.”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

What a pleasant surprise hidden in Hamilton, Andiamos would do a big city proud. Relaxing decor, prompt service, a menu to suit all tastes, freshly prepared food, excellent wine list, reasonably priced. Try the veal dishes!

• Visited October 2013
Lanarkshire
“We keep going back”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

What can I say Value for money,staff great, service superb,food very good compared to other Restaurants in a 10 mile radius.
it's a great 5pm Deal.

Scotland
“Over priced for the standard.”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We are a working class couple, and take our food very seriously, as it is a hobby of ours. We have travelled a great deal of the world between us, so you could say we are well cultured.
Our meal here tonight was average, as stated.
I've eaten in various italian restaurants, from Italy, to the states, and frankly, out of them all, I enjoyed tonight least of all.
The food prices are on par with many other italian outlets, but sadly the quality is lacking. Your food comes that quick, you could believe its straight from hot plate. Our starters where tasteless. Our main course was brought way to quick. When I go out for a meal, I expect spending close on £100 for two people, that I'll be there for 2+ hours! not just over the hour! Our mains where pretty tasteless too, nothing great to say about them. All in all, not overly happy. I can safely say, I won't visit again, there are far to many better italian restaurants in Lanarkshire.
However, you sometimes need to ignore the past reviews and try for yourself, that's what I did.
Thanks for reading.

1 Thank Paul M
Andiamo G, Owner at Andiamo Hamilton, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for the recent review of the restaurant.
Firstly, I would like to apologise for the speed of your meal, all of our dishes are made fresh to order, however some can be quicker to prepare and serve than others. Thank you for your feedback on this matter, I will relay this to our team as we like our guests to enjoy a leisurely meal as well as a quick bite.

With regards to your starters and main courses - were all 4 of the dishes tasteless? Did you bring it to the attention of anyone? We would be happy to change any dish that is not satisfactory.

I would appreciate if you could email me at giancarlo@andiamo-restaurants.com to tell me what you had for your starters and main courses. This will enable us to review our recipes and try to improve where possible.

Thanks again for your valued feedback and I sincerely hope it doesn't put you off returning.

Giancarlo