“Very good value...Lovely helpful staff...”
Review of Avonbridge Hotel

Avonbridge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The location is 'just off piste', the staff are 'just fine & dandy and very helpful', the bedroom is 'a very decent size, spotlessly clean and everything works', the bed is '...a bit lumpy and could do with a simple topper', the evening meal 'served up some of the best steaks I've ever had the pleasure of", and the Value For Money category could only ever be... 'very good indeed'.

If only the Internet/WiFi was better (my work demands that I have it). Interestingly, the morning following the first night, I spoke to other guests and they were all frustrated by various problems with internet access.

That said, the truly lovely staff on the front desk acknowledged my Internet moans & groans and happily moved me to another room for my second night

Internet worked...and all was generally very good.

Great customer service!

Would happily stay again as long as they assured me a working internet connection.

Apart from that - extraordinarily good value!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has good WiFi coverage....
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bex_Dave
There are newer reviews for Avonbridge Hotel

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Went here for lunch in April on a very busy day.
Although the restaurant was full the waiters were friendly and helpful.
As for the food I found it to be distinctively average. I had lasagne for my main course and i have strong suspicions that the sauces were out of a jar. It was ok but wont be hurrying back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MissLauraO
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the priory annexe....big room but tired decor and a touch chilly. Thick layer of dust on skirting boards and power sockets. Shower head wouldnt stay in position either. Dinner menu heavily focussed on Italian food but food fine and well priced. Breakfast wasn't great though.
Wouldnt race back or recommend really unless there was nowhere else available.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. We travelled back home to Scotland from Malaysia for our wedding day. We booked into the hotel for one night, loved it so much we stayed for three weeks! We held our wedding dinner at the hotel and could not have been happier. Every single member of staff went out of their way to make our stay memorable. In fact I do not think I have ever encountered happier or more helpful staff in any hotel I have stayed in...and there have been many! We stayed in the gorgeous honeymoon suite..a truly romantic room. Apart from enjoying a wonderful breakfast every morning we also dined there several evenings. Excellent food every time. If you are spending any time in Hamilton def give it a visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jaxxmckay
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We have lunch at the Avonbridge every few months, mostly for special occasions and I always find the food lovely. I've never stayed at the hotel so this is purely a restaurant review.
Our favourite thing about going though is the staff, they really are fantastic. Really friendly and welcoming and James is fantastic with the kids.
We had one completely humiliating trip where one of our daughters was very sick in the middle of the restaurant, we'd only just ordered to it had absolutely nothing to do with the hotel food, but they were really good with us. The mess was cleaned up instantly and you'd never know anything happened and they were really helpful while I was cleaning her up and sent me away with clean dish towels in case she was ill again. It made a very embarrassing accident so much easier on us, and for the other half of the family who we had to abandon at our table.
Favourite dishes on the menu are definitely the potato skins and the lasagne, but I've never tried anything I didn't really like.
Bar Milano just round from the resturant is really nice too. Really nicely decorated and with a small kids play park outside next to the bar. It's great to go when the suns out and sit on the decking, relaxing with a cool drink while the girls get to play.

Plenty of parking outside the hotel, but I would recommend you call ahead and book a table, especially at busy times.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Attended a birthday celebration at this hotel and stayed for one night. I'm a rather critical customer but could find absolutely nothing wrong here. The room was very clean, spacious and comfortable, and the bed was perfect. The conservatory restaurant and lounge bar are stylish and all the staff are very helpful, friendly and professional.The hotel is within easy walking distance from the station. Very good value and strongly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed overnight as our daughter was getting married nearby. We didn't check in until after midnight, but the night staff member couldn't do enough for us. The room was clean and very nice. Jacuzzi bath in bathroom, had shower too, which was brilliant, very powerful. Breakfast was excellent. We would most likely return for a couple of nights to enjoy the hotel further.

Room Tip: No lifts unfortunately, but only on two floors.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton
Holiday Inn Express Hamilton
Radstone Hotel
Radstone Hotel
#1 of 1 in Larkhall
Holiday Inn Express Strathclyde Park M74 Jct5

Been to Avonbridge Hotel? Share your experiences!