“Over priced and poor!”

Chiquito - Hamilton
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I think for what you get it is very over priced. The food was pretty poor considering the price and you didn't get a lot of it. The atmosphere was pretty dull and it was very quiet - possibly due to the price and poor quality in food. I couldn't fault the staff though they were quick and attentive I just think the place needs a bit of a rethink. I definately won't be back.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We chose Chiquito after our trip to the next door cinema, as we are increasingly fed up with the Hamilton branch of Frankie & Benny's - but that's a different story!

My partner, our nephew and I went in and were greeted immediately. We asked for a table for 3, the waitress had a look around and asked if there was anywhere in particular we would like. I asked if there were any booths and we were taken to one straight away.
The waitress was very polite and told us who our server would be. Our drinks order was taken - two regular cokes and a kids coke. They arrived (all with straws) and the kids coke was the same as ours, which I was impressed with.

My nephew ordered from the "Young Adult" menu. He had a large portion for his main, a decent dessert and his drink all for £7.95. We couldn't believe the excellent value.

I had pulled pork quesadillas which were fantastic. A side of chips and it was the perfect portion. My partner had the Philly steak wrap which he said was amazing.

We also had dessert, I had the honeycomb cheesecake which was just delicious! My partner had the churros, which came with a lovely dipping sauce. Also large portions.

Our waiter was very attentive and polite. He was also very apologetic when my partner had a short wait for his wrap.

The three of us were fed for £42.

We left the restaurant very happy and very pleased that we had chosen Chiquito on this occasion and I know we will choose it again, especially as it has opened in Glasgow Fort.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

The other day mum and I were in Hamilton and looking for somewhere different for dinner (as we were sick of F&B's) thus we decided to try and it seemed like a good idea at the time. But all I can say now is this place is an abomination.

Everything seemed fine when we were forced into the same corner as everyone else (it was as though the rest of the restraunt was sacred or reserved in case the queen just decided to visit or something). We ordered our meal and food from the waitress who was very nice.

But eventually the manager appears and apologises as mum's requested wine and my requested main course are unavailable. So we agree to order something else and mum asked for a straw with her drink.

But of course her drink doesn't arrive with the requested straw and we agree to take no notice. But it was hard not to notice the ridiculous wait for our starter! And when it eventually arrived I couldn't help but complain about the pathetic portion sizes (I am not the type who pays full price for less than half the meal). So the manger appears again and agrees to replace our starters and thus begins the second outrageous waiting time of the night!

Eventually the starters arrive again and mum again asks for another straw (yes wine and a straw is odd but she said it was extremely cold and "going for her teeth"). I had ordered the wings which were rather nice actually. But mum had ordered the potato skins and they were basically really dried up flavour-less potatoes!. So we agree not to say anything in hope the main course was better. But of course our expectations for the main course were never going to be met!

Once our starters were taken away we begun our next long wait - it was as though they were travelling to Mexico to get the damn food - and I ordered another drink and mum ordered the damn straw again!
By this point the wait seemed completely unwarranted as the place (or should I say the freakin corner) was probably only half-full!

Eventually my drink and mums straw showed up! Hurray! Closely followed by our main course.

I had ordered the steak and mum had ordered the chicken something-or-other and I guess it'd be kinda understandable if the chicken had been somewhat cold if I had ordered a very-well-done streak. But I hadn't and it wasn't her meal that was cold it was my steak! I was absolutely outraged! Followed by shock as I noticed this was not the steak I had ordered!!!
Despite ordering a rib eye (my preferred type of steak) which is usually thin cut and rarely dry I had been given a really dried up piece of Sirloin!

Of course I promptly pointed it out to the waitress who just stared at me before heading to the manager... Again!.

While all this was happening mum found her chicken to be really dried up and in a really really oily sauce!.

So we eventually got the main course removed from our bill (in fact it was the only thing taken off our bill) and decided just to get out of there!

It may have just been a one-off experience for the restrant but it was easily one of my worst dining-out experiences ever!.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Hamilton - Very big thank you from my partner and I who were celebrating our second anniversary at your restaurant this evening. The staff could not have been more accomodating. We got exactly what we were after, great food, a very relaxing environment and service with a smile. Tammy was particularly pleasant, she was fresh and friendly. We made it challenging for the staff by spilling a jug of water but they moved us immediately without fuss. This is the second time we've been in a fortnight and we now plan to make it a regular occurence.. every member of staff looked after us very well and made our occasion very special. Thank you very much!! From Viva and Ewan.

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We went for a birthday lunch on a Sunday afternoon. Our waitress, Victoria, was very attentive and friendly - could not fault the service and the food was delicious. Would definitely go back and happy to recommend this restaurant.