“Won't be back”
Review of Capocci Man - CLOSED

Capocci Man
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Paid a visit here today and can tell you I will never go back. This is the only restaurant where you are asked to pay for your meal before you get it. Apparantly too many customers were leaving without paying. No wonder if their food is anything like we got.
I ordered a baked potato which comes with salad. The 'salad' was a few token bits of lettuce, some onion and a drizzle of salad cream both of which I hate. I was never asked if I wanted it. Better to leave it dry and provide a sachet of salad cream or mayo. The potato was huge though.
My Mum & my daughter ordered the Caesar Salad. It does not fit the description on the menu. It turned out to be some Iceberg lettuce (wrong kind for this dish) a few bits of tomato, some onion and roughly 6 bits of chicken which looked and tasted like a frozen chicken grill. It was served on a huge plate but since there was hardly a portion, it was lost in the centre of the plate. There was probably only enough to fill a side plate, never mind a dinner plate. It was also very overpriced.
My wee Grand-daughter had better luck with her links sausage, chips and beans. This also came with a small drink included.
Certainly we will not return. EVER

1  Thank Allison R

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I was having a rather ordinary late lunch here (Thur 25.04.2013 - 2:30) with a friend when an almighty rucuss occured at a table nearbye. Apparently a family (3 adults 1 child) were served a part of their meal which had a sauce on it they had not requested. Rather than appologise and replace it, the staff refused to change the order. On offering to pay for the part served and leave, the staff, including the owner who had arrived, demanded the family pay for the full meal ??. On refusal, the staff physically blocked the family from leaving the cafe. Honestly, the owner physically blocked the exit door from them. An argument ensued in which the owners and staff, rather loudly, verbally abused the family, (who in fairness behaved quite impeccibly in such strenuous circumstances), with language which my friend and I found quite shocking. Ourselves, along with most of the customers, left our meals and paid our bill in digust. Apparently the family were held by staff in the cafe for an hour until the Police arrived at the family's request. My sister, who is a special constable in the area, told me that the Police, on speaking to the family, agreed with them about refusing to pay for meals they had not been served and told the cafe owners in no uncertain terms that they had no right to refuse the request of the family to leave whether they had paid or not. The cafe is to be charged by the police for the incident which will be referred to the local licence board. Needless to say, I nor my friend, will ever return to such a place. In these days of recession it is quite unbelievable that employees in the service industry could behave in such a manner, I was absolutelly appauled.

5  Thank David_2638
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Went in for a quick bite to eat, was going to order 2 rolls and sausage, until I saw the menu. £2.20 each. Couldn't believe they had the cheek to sell them at that price. Needless to say u didn't order them. Had a tuna baguette. Came with soggy roll and a disgusting spoonful of salad. On top of all that the waitress said it was 50p for a glass of tap water. I wont be back and don't recommend this place.

2  Thank macaaron264
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The manager of this cafe is a nasty foul mouthed person. After my daughter asked her for a different cup for my coffee as I have arthritis and find it difficult to hold a cup with just a little hole for my finger to go through, we were shouted at by her and she refused to get another cup. When we left, she ran after us outside and started shouting, she then called me a c**t. I am gobsmacked at her cheek. So my advice to people is, go there at your peril. The food is cheap rubbish and she charges a fortune for it. You have been warned.

6  Thank HELENASWT
Reviewed April 8, 2013

this restaurant has changed very little over the years but you get great coffee, ice cream and lunch all at a very reasonable price