“Christmas Day dinner”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hamilton B&B and Inns
Blantyre
“Christmas Day dinner”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

went here on Christmas day for dinner with friends and will not be back.There was NO Christmas atmophere in the place when we went in and the bar was full of empty glasses from the previous sitting. Every thing was so hurried it was like "get them in and out as quickly as possable so we can get the next lot in".The food was well cooked but for the price we paid there was not a lot on the plate,dissapointing,we hadnt even had our Chrismas pudding???? a little dollop in the bottom of the bowl,and the waitress was asking if wewanted tea or coffee, dissapointing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank andy1952

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

I have been in the restaurant about 5 times and it is always a pleasure. The food is good, especially the curry dishes. The guys who work there are friendly and professional and the atmosphere is good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
hamilton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

My family and I have been visiting the Villa Hotel for many years now, probably we eat there 3 times a Month. Living in Hamilton gives us a choice of many restaurants which we have tried, but I must say the food in the Villa beats them all especially the Indian food and my 14 year old son loves the Penne Pasta Napoli. We have got to know the Staff very well who are always very pleasant and hard working. Any family Occasions are always at the Villa Hotel.

Contragulations on 10 successful years and will see you soon !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bluetit53
Glasgow, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

The staff are always very friendly and welcoming and the food has always been of a good quality. This isn't the best food in the country but it is consistently good and reasonably priced. Me and my family visit quite often and have never found any fault, and for anywhere that is the mark of a well run establishment.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Villa Hotel. We experienced very friendly owners and staff, restaurant food of the highest quality, breakfasts to suit anyone, full English, yoghurts fresh fruit cereal, any preserve you could think of for toast.
Rooms were immaculate and spotless, we were in a double which was spacious enough very comfortable bed and the shower good and powerful. Absolutely no complaints whatsoever. I wouldn't think twice about staying again or recommending this lovely hotel to anyone else who was looking to stay in the area, it is ideally situated for the Hamilton Race Course a 15 min walk

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Euansgranny
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

My husband and I had a very enjoyable meal at the Villa last night. Our first time there and we will be back. We went early at 6.15pm and met by friendly waiter and shown to the conservatory. Good varied menu. We both had pakora starters then hubby enjoyed 2 small portions of different curries with rice and nan while I had the beef stirfry. I couldnt resist the sticky toffee pudding which was amazing. Together with a coffee bill was £42. That included 2 soft drinks. Well recommended.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank valerie brown V
Thames Ditton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

I had room number 4, a tiny little single ensuite room, the TV did not work, the internet was not working either, there was 5 sachets of coffee, 2 packets of milk, 3 sachets of sugar and 2 teabags, good job I drink black coffee I suppose.

I had planned to stay for three nights but as I hadn’t slept very well I decided I would just stay one more night and told the lady at breakfast, she seemed very understanding.
She said, “I understand you asked for cheese on toast, I cannot do this as I don’t have a grill”, she pointed out that she had not put out all the breakfast things but that if I wanted any cereal to just ask, so I did.

Do you have sugar puffs? ~ No.
Do you have frosties? ~ No.
Ok then I will just have a fried breakfast please.

She then went off and came back with a small box of coco-pops and some honeynut cornflakes, I said that was very kind I would have the coco-pops, before she left, she gave me orange juice from another table.

I went to open the coco-pops and noticed they were out of date (by a year) so decided against this, then I went to pour the orange juice but the jug was dirty, so decided against that also and waited patiently for my breakfast, when it arrived I made the lady aware of the out of date coco-pops and the dirty jug which she took away.

Whilst I was eating and enjoying my breakfast, she came back and said “Mrs Clark the jug was not dirty I had just poured two jugs into one” I said it didn’t matter but she kept repeating herself, again I said it didn’t matter, after a few times I got up without finishing my breakfast and went upstairs to pack as I decided then I did not want to stay any longer! As I walked away she shouted after me “Thank you Mrs Clark!”

I came downstairs with my suitcase and key expecting to pay for the night I stayed but was told that I would be charged for all three nights as the cancellation policy was to give 2 day’s notice. I said this was outrageous as I had felt that I had to leave due to the way she had made me feel over breakfast and again she repeated that the jug was not dirty, I said it was dirty at the spout and that I wanted to leave but couldn’t as the door was locked, she opened the door and I left.

I was making the owner aware of these things so as not to give these to other patrons, but she made me feel as if I was a liar and stupid, I had planned to go to Edinburgh for the second day but due to her I left and went to Inverness where I stayed in a lovely hotel called Eskdale.

Room Tip: Room 4 is a tiny room for a single person I didn't sleep well in this room.