“Great food - great price”
Review of Mushtaqs

Mushtaqs
Ranked #17 of 124 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Modern casual dining Indian restaurant where the focus is great food combined with great service.
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife took me to Mushtaqs having had a great meal there with work colleagues.

We went in and the restaurant is quite a small place with a counter taking up one side of the former shop (to give a perspective of the width).

There are about 14 tables and they all filled up quite quickly.
You can chose to dine from their menu or partake in their self-service Indian buffet (which we did). Once we had stated our preference to the staff (there were quite a lot of staff and they were falling over each other) we were informed that out starter would be out shortly. All we said was we wanted the buffet, the starter is automatically provided from the restaurant. We had a lovely started of mixed pakora. The buffet was delicious - a choice of two different rices and around 6 different curries sat alongside a supply of poppadoms, spiced onions and various sauces. After we were finished, the default dessert is ice cream and you pick which sauce you want on top.

It was a very nice meal and great value for money.
Will definitely be going back.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Food was good, although the menu is a bit limited for kids and a bit expensive. It has won various awards for cleanliness and that's what I like to hear.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have been going to this restaurant for years and have never had a bad meal. I had family staying with me from Spain who are used with going out in top restaurants in Marbella and they thought the food was first class, also the beer!!! They were impressed by the staff, and the friendly owner and thought it was great quality and value,no doubt I will have to take them back next visit.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Been going here for years & still rate the quality & value for money.
Friendly, chatty staff in relaxed environment with excellent buffet starters of spiced onions, pickles , poppadums & salad together with served platter of mixed pakora / chicken tikka/ chicken chat & aloo tikka.
Buffet with plenty choices of main courses comprising chicken, lamb & vegetables with varying level of "spiciness". Especially loved the chicken desi with a few extra chillies to get the taste buds tingling! All served with a freshly made nan bread.

Excellent service all round & will continue to visit on a frequent basis!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I went in on Saturday night with my family and was instantly impressed. I was greeted warmly by the staff and was instantly sat down and my order was taken. My family opted for the buffet which included a fantastic plate of mixed pakora to start of the meal. Afterwards i had some delicious chicken curries that filled me right up! The service at this restraunt is first class as the staff are always making sure that everything is okay and is constantly refilling drinks. I will definitely be returning in the future.