“Excellent food, excellent service, excellent value”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mushtaqs

Mushtaqs
Ranked #25 of 112 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Modern casual dining Indian restaurant where the focus is great food combined with great service.
Bellshill, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, excellent service, excellent value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Had the buffet, starting with a very generous portion of mixed pakora. The buffet had delicious chicken and lamb curries and I ended with lovely ice cream. The staff are very polite and helpful and the food is so fresh. For only £12.99 for the 3 course buffet it is a steal! Will keep on returning.

hamilton
“Unhappy Diner”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

I've lived in Hamilton for around a year and a half and have been looking around for a nice little Indian buffet that we could go to on a regular basis as we both like eating out. I was told this was the very best Indian cuisine around the area so we decided to go (my husband and I) but boy was I disappointed oh yeah in a big way. First the service was good, seated within 3 mins and drink brought over straight away but that was the end of the good bit. . The place is very small and there seems to be a very high volume of staff milling around which makes the place look very cramped. Waiter came over and told us that we could help ourselves to poppadoms, spicy onions and a selection of dips then he told us he would bring us the starters. The starters are the most important thing for me as I generally don't eat the mains but we got a small dinner plate size of mixed starters between two adults which I could have eaten on my own about 4 times over, I then proceded to ask for some more starters and was told only if I purchased them, I said to the waitress "I thought this was an all you can eat buffet" and was told no the only thing that you can eat lots of is the curries. Well to me this is not a buffet if you cannot get what you want to eat. Next came the naan bread again the smallest naan bread that you could find this was between us. We then went up to the curries and as I don't like rice I took a few spoonfulls of the korma sauce which was not very hot and had to then purchase another naan bread (£1) as I was hungary. We decided that we would try a dessert which we do not normally have to have in an Indian buffet because the food is usually plentiful. The desserts consisted of either a very small bowl of ice-cream or a tea/coffee what a joke. Please do not advertise a buffet if it is not.

If you are ever in the Gourock area try the Taj Mahal Indian restaurant brilliant service, brilliant food and a great night out staff amazing.

• Visited March 2013
5 Thank docherty50
Hamilton, United Kingdom
“Average in every way.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

After all the hype when this place opened, my boyfriend and I decided to give it a go since it was local to him. I was expecting great things and to say I was disappointed would be correct. I just don't get what all the fuss is about. I understand that it's a small restaurant and so the buffet area has to be small, but the whole point of a buffet is a wide choice, allowing you to try a wee bit of everything. There were 4 curries ranging in spicy-ness, but spice is nothing without flavour. I just felt they were rather bland. We recently decided to give their takeaway a go, like others, I'm sure, tempted by the buy-one-get-one-free option. But, alas, I was disappointed yet again! It was nothing special. There wasn't anything wrong with it, but it didn't live up to the standard of "best Indian in Scotland - guaranteed". I've had better curries from my local takeaway and also from the Ashoka restaurants in Glasgow. If you want a fantastic Indian meal, that's where to go.

1 Thank Maxine M
“Brilliant food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Fantastic food. We decided to have the buffet option to allow the kids to try different foods. The food was not oily how a lot of other indian food is. Real sauces, real meat and generally yummy! The only downfalls were lack of space to move about in the restaurant and also the buffet did not offer a selection of starters or dessert which was quite disapointing.

• Visited June 2013
“Indian food at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Delicious fresh food , quick friendly service , spotless & presentable restaurant . Restaurant food is as good as home delivered

• Visited May 2013