“Nr1 Curry House in Hamilton, worth travelling to.”
Review of Cafe Manzil - CLOSED

Cafe Manzil
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have eaten in here for many years and the food is always of a very high and consistent standard. Never had a bad curry and the staff are always accommodating for the individual, groups or couples. The lunch menus are excellent value for money, with the only downside being you'll spend the rest of the day digesting!
All dishes are a change from the 'norm' and the variation is excellent. Hot is indeed hot, mild is mild and flavoursome is all the dishes in between. My frequency of visits is currently increasing and the menu has a few I've not tried yet, but getting there. No downsides to this place at all. Looking forward to my next visit...

Reviewed September 1, 2012

To be honest there is not much competition however we (two of us) ordered from the pre-theatre, 3 courses for £12. Food was very nice, portion size was just right, good selection to choose from. We also had wine, beer and water and bill was under £40 which I think is very good value for a Saturday night. Nice booth for two people, plenty of waiters & service was good.

Tip - ask for the pre-theatre as they tend to provide the a la carte which is fine but the pre-theatre is great value. Decor and toilets are a bit tired, but fine. There are stairs as you come in and to the toilet so beware if you have a wheelchair. No baby seats either.

1  Thank Larkhall
Reviewed August 25, 2012

My partner and I dined here on Thursday evening and I must say it was delicious! We ordered off the 3-course executive lunch menu which runs Monday - Sunday 3pm - 7pm for £11.99 each! Which was amazing! All in our 3 courses each, two drinks each and an extra portion on the side only came to £30! The food is high quality as is the service. Food was served hot and well presented. Staff pay attention to detail and don't leave their customers looking for a member of staff, there is always someone available. The setting is beautiful as it is a small intimate venue with low music and low lighting. Perfect for a first date in my mind! Definitely a restaurant to go to. Excellent value, excellent staff and most importantly, excellent food!

2  Thank Michelle K
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I was so sorry to read a recent negative review of Cafe Manzil. It's been a firm favourite with our family for decades, in fact since they opened back in 1978. We go for the odd meal out, family occasions and special nights. The last time I went I was pleased to see couples of ladies out for their lunch, as well. The decor of the Cafe is quite old-style, and the premises are dark but the food is consistently very good and service knowledgeable and kind. This is a serious no-fuss no-hype curry house and customers cannot be disappointed. I am not a Indian food fanatic, mind you, but I am always pleased to go back. Their set lunch menu is a real steal at £7. I can but recommend the place wholeheartedly.

2  Thank FranBoyle
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Order food without onions and my meal came with onions in it so I sent it back. My food then came and most of it was bone, considering it was a breast I ordered I don't see how this could be, I through most of my meal out and was then told on the phone that I should have asked for no bone..........I honestly think dogs on the streets would've turned their noses up at my bones!!! Never use them again, spice I think it is from now on.

1  Thank ChrisMcKay